“Scrumptious burgers”

Earthly Pleasures Cafe
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Belgrave
Price range: AU$8 - AU$32
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Earthly Pleasures Café is Belgrave's iconic gem, hidden by a lush garden, right in the middle of town. The building's impressive 20-foot high bluestone walls warrant a heritage listing, but today the café's mandate is modern. Earthly Pleasures has built its reputation on ethically sourced produce and small batch roasted artisan coffee that meets Melbourne's highest standards of coffee. The generously-portioned meals are made from scratch - everything from chutneys, pestos and homemade cakes. And the local craft beers and boutique wines impress the locals, while also drawing the inner city crowd to the hills. Built in the 1930s by the Jorgensen family (famous also for later building Montsalvat in Eltham) Earthly Pleasures moonlights as a function venue at night. If the walls could talk, they'd speak of bohemian parties starring the beatnik artistic community of mid-century Victoria. Whatever time of day you're in Belgrave, Earthly Pleasures is a must see It's the perfect place to dine or pop in for a drink before exploring the Belgrave streetscape, Puffing Billy, Trees Adventure or any of the beautiful national parks within a bluestone's throw.
Reviewed 26 November 2020

My friend and I enjoyed a delicious lunch and the service and location proved ideal. My beef burger actually tasted like fresh beef. The venue is charming and old world with modern flair. Excellent welcome from staff and good service. I'll be back.

Date of visit: November 2020

Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

Our family of seven enjoyed a lovely brunch, seated outside in the garden.
Good service, delicious food from an extensive menu catered for all including vegetarian options.
Coffee was excellent
Service friendly & efficient.
Covid requirements were observed.
Special thanks to the chef for making a special baked cheesecake, birthday cake.
It was great to introduce my family to my favorite local cafe.

Date of visit: November 2020
4  Thank 132paml
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I ordered the sweet potato rosti on the special board. It tasted good. I loved the vibe of the cafe. I have finally found my ideal flat white, yay!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Ammmyhunter
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

First impressions are so important and walking up the path to this old home gets you in the mood for something grand.
The staff told me the building was a doctors residence, back in the day and the wide front verandah is lovely to sit and enjoy a meal or even just a coffee.
My friends and I ventured inside to an inviting dining area with lots of natural light streaming through massive windows.
We tried the: granola; banana bread and the toast and jam and all were well presented and very nice. Good strong coffee too, but could have been a bit hotter.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank GeoffH1259
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

A bit disappointed in the food at this place. Atmosphere and service was great but ordered a burger and it was a soggy mess.

Date of visit: January 2020