Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
Hotels.com
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
Susan L
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Enjoyable stay for one night
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Feb 2023
I stayed one night mid week. Very pleasant, got a spa room for a treat. Clean, tidy, all items worked well.

Host very friendly and knowledgeable, happy to suggest things to do and places to go. Love the fact that not only was a microwave included in the room but a full set of cutlery as well, makes life easy.

Beautiful setting and grounds, all in all a great stay.
Date of stay: February 2023
Room Tip: I had a room at the back overlooking the parking lot but I think any would be quiet as there are...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.0 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Carriage Motor Inn Beechworth
1.4 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Free parking
Our beautifully renovated Premier room featuring a luxe pillowtop king size bed, premium linen, starlink, 50`Smart TV, writing desk, coffee machine and a private ensuite.
AU$208
    AU$182
  • Official Site
    AU$154
    AU$208
2.1 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Free parking
Outdoor Pool area with lounge chairs and outdoor dining
    AU$202
    AU$108
1.1 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Restaurant
View more hotels in Beechworth
All reviews one night pleasant stay asylum wifi accommodation host
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2023 via mobile

Despite the reviews, I am one to always get my own opinion on a place and I’m glad I did! I booked the deluxe spa suite, which we were situated on the top floor. From checking in, the bloke working was super welcoming and friendly. The place is an old nurses quarters from the asylum its a historic building, so don’t expect modern luxury, enjoy being stepped back in time! The room was clean and large, felt quite homely. Bathroom came with condiments and room came with tea/coffee and a fridge. The deluxe spa suite comes with a little lounge room with a tv and a bed area with a tv as well. I definitely recommend staying here and be open minded with the building and surroundings.

Room tip: Parking is available out the back, not suitable for caravans.
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 9 October 2022

Dean was our friendly host. He looked after our party of 11 very well and was always ready with a smile. The twin room was really good because we had separate doors and tvs it meant after a hard day's partying we could separate and have some me time. Lots of natural light, beautiful gardens. It was a 15 minute walk down the hill to town.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 9 September 2022 via mobile

Let me start with the good. Modern bathroom, big tv and comfortable bed. The bad; hand towels not changed from previous occupancy, curtains broken, air con not working, in bad need of paint in the public areas, rooms smell musty and generally an awful smell throughout. The ugly; dirty toilet and paper plates and bowls. The owner needs a serious consideration of a renovation. It could be something really good.

Room tip: Probably better to avoid
Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank CorrinaT
Reviewed 3 April 2022

We stayed at the Linaker Art Deco Motel on 26 March 2022 Room 306. Never again.

As we went to bed, we physically locked the door to our room. Some time during the night (probably round midnight), we were woken by someone trying to get into our room! When questioned the person advised us that he wanted to clean the room and he was sorry. I asked him how he was able to gain entry to our room and he said he was the night manager!

So, he was able to override the physical lock. I am not sure why he wanted to invade our room at midnight. Perhaps to look around …. Perhaps he was incompetent – after all he should have known it was occupied! Perhaps he had other motives. Nevertheless, it’s a bit hard to get back to sleep after someone has attempted to break into your room.

The facility is old and tired. Calling it an Art Deco establishment is a bit rich. Sure, there were Art Deco features, but it’s a bit like calling your 4 year old’s painting a masterpiece.
The non-smoking room smelled of smoke, the corridors smelt “funny” and the whole place was just a little bit run down (despite some attempts to modernise the rooms). And yes I know its only rated at 3 Star but I was let down on so many matters.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank 815steven
Reviewed 29 March 2022

My partner and I recently took a road trip to Beechworth. We wanted to just cruise along and not book anything until we got there. It was a Friday and the town was busy. Every motel, Airbnb’s was booked out. We only needed one night. By chance I stumbled upon this motel and they had a room and charged me $220 for it. I didn’t think much about it but when we got there, the room was bearable, but the wifi was shocking. It didn’t work most of time we were there. We had to rely on data but unfortunately we were in a location that was close to a black spot for reception. The bed was comfortable enough but the fridge was so badly frosted that even turning it off for a few hour didn’t do a good job of defrosting. One part of the ceiling was so badly damaged by water problems that it looked like it could cave in anytime. I understand that it was a last minute booking and we were charged a premium. But the rate we paid did not match the minimum standards at all. In not so busy times the average room rate is 120. Have to say the property does have a lot of potential. Just needs a conglomerate to buy it renovate and bring it to a luxury standard. That’s all

Date of stay: March 2022