Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews one night pleasant stay asylum wifi accommodation host
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2022 via mobile

Room smelly, front desk manager rude and abrupt! Breakfast frozen Bread dry and I serve of jam for 4 slices poor quality. Upon leaving by the 10am check out, we left at 10.02 to get back in to get more bags and had been locked out. Luckily we found a nice couple who allowed us to call the manager (who was off site), his response was “you should have been gone “ and “I won’t be there till after 12” then hung up. Absolutely no curtsey. Backpackers would have been far better.stay away

Room tip: Find alternative accomodation
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2022

Do not book this place, absolutely disgusting lack of basic empathy and respect. My mother booked us a weekend away here, but the day before tested positive for covid.

We called and emailed the hotel repeated to ask if we could reschedule or cancel the booking, but nobody would answer. On the day of the booking we finally got through to the hotel. They were incredibly rude to my mother, who was clearly quite ill and distressed at that point. They said that they did not believe she had tested positive for covid and would not allow for the trip to be rescheduled or for a full refund to be provided. They told her she needed to get a PCR test to prove that she was sick.

At this time, it was near impossible to get a PCR test, and the government guidance is in fact to no longer get one if you have tested positive on a RAT. So this motel were telling my 65 year old mother, against government advice, to take herself to a testing centre when very ill and wait there for up to 5 hours to get an unnecessary test, or they would not provide a refund.

On top of all this they were incredibly rude on the phone and left her completely beside herself.

Absolutely disgusted.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2022

Looks satisfactory online. It is not!
Booked in for my family. Not only did one bed have lots of long, dark hair in it, (not ours) my child’s bed linen had blood stains on it (not theirs)!
January 2022 and we live in a time of Covid. The very least one should expect is clean and sanitary facilities. We did not have a good experience. We had a distressing experience.
Upon speaking to the manager/owner, (after he failed to reply to our emails and texts), we were told “Sorry, sorry 10 times but if you don’t like it don’t stay and don’t come again.” He also told us that they were understaffed and that was that.
It was a traumatic experience!
Avoid the Linaker if you can!
I would hate for any other ‘guests’ to experience something similar to what we went through.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank V546YTalisonn
Reviewed 2 January 2022

Had a really bad experience with this motel. Tried to book with them direct, but their computer tracked my inquiry, and by the time I came back 24 hours after my initial search, the price for the room I wanted had doubled! So I booked them via Airbnb (at slightly more than the original price I had been quoted). The day before I was to travel, I took a rapid antigen test at home and realised I had Covid. Contacted the property, and they didn't even answer messages for the first evening. When I eventually got onto them the next day, they said I would forfeit all my money, and that they were far too busy to respond to messages. Rang Airbnb, who said I could have a partial refund but would not believe the evidence of my RAT (how could I prove it was MY test?) and insisted I needed to leave the house, infected, to find a testing centre. Only then would they consider a full refund. Rang the property back again, and they reiterated that they were not interested in helping me. I could try re-booking through Airbnb if I liked, but it was all "out of their hands". They said I should have booked directly with them. Told them the story of why I hadn't. They said yes, this was what they did in order to make up for the hardship of the last 2 years. I decided the safest thing to do was cancel, and receive a partial refund. Not only have I missed out on an important getaway, but have been made to feel like a liar and a cheat at worst, or a terribly inconvenient "guest" at best. I will never book at this motel again.

1  Thank 167debih
Reviewed 21 December 2021 via mobile

The Art Deco hotel is set in beautiful gardens and it’s lovely to wake up to birds singing. My room was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff were wonderful and attentive.

It would be nice if it was renovated to a real Art Deco hotel with genuine Art Deco furniture and fittings.It would be something quite special then.

Unfortunately on the two occasions I have stayed here the peaceful ambience has been ruined by noisy guests or neighbours The first occasion, it was children left unsupervised at night running around the corridors. This time it was people across Oak avenue playing music loudly and talking loudly late at night.

I rang the hotel and the woman who answered the phone ( a manager I think) said I’d have to ring the police. They can ‘t go over and knock on the door of the house and anyway they (the hotel) are closed.

Date of stay: December 2021