Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Thu, 2 May
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Loraine M
Disgusting service
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Jan 2022
Do not book this place, absolutely disgusting lack of basic empathy and respect. My mother booked us a weekend away here, but the day before tested positive for covid.

We called and emailed the hotel repeated to ask if we could reschedule or cancel the booking, but nobody would answer. On the day of the booking we finally got through to the hotel. They were incredibly rude to my mother, who was clearly quite ill and distressed at that point. They said that they did not believe she had tested positive for covid and would not allow for the trip to be rescheduled or for a full refund to be provided. They told her she needed to get a PCR test to prove that she was sick.

At this time, it was near impossible to get a PCR test, and the government guidance is in fact to no longer get one if you have tested positive on a RAT. So this motel were telling my 65 year old mother, against government advice, to take herself to a testing centre when very ill and wait there for up to 5 hours to get an unnecessary test, or they would not provide a refund.

On top of all this they were incredibly rude on the phone and left her completely beside herself.

Absolutely disgusted.
1.0 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Carriage Motor Inn Beechworth
1.4 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Free parking
Our beautifully renovated Premier room featuring a luxe pillowtop king size bed, premium linen, starlink, 50`Smart TV, writing desk, coffee machine and a private ensuite.
AU$208
    AU$182
  • Official Site
    AU$154
    AU$187
2.1 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Free parking
Outdoor Pool area with lounge chairs and outdoor dining
    AU$202
  • Vio.com
1.1 km from Linaker Art Deco Nurses Quarters
Restaurant
View more hotels in Beechworth
All reviews one night pleasant stay asylum wifi accommodation host
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2022

Looks satisfactory online. It is not!
Booked in for my family. Not only did one bed have lots of long, dark hair in it, (not ours) my child’s bed linen had blood stains on it (not theirs)!
January 2022 and we live in a time of Covid. The very least one should expect is clean and sanitary facilities. We did not have a good experience. We had a distressing experience.
Upon speaking to the manager/owner, (after he failed to reply to our emails and texts), we were told “Sorry, sorry 10 times but if you don’t like it don’t stay and don’t come again.” He also told us that they were understaffed and that was that.
It was a traumatic experience!
Avoid the Linaker if you can!
I would hate for any other ‘guests’ to experience something similar to what we went through.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank V546YTalisonn
Reviewed 2 January 2022

Had a really bad experience with this motel. Tried to book with them direct, but their computer tracked my inquiry, and by the time I came back 24 hours after my initial search, the price for the room I wanted had doubled! So I booked them via Airbnb (at slightly more than the original price I had been quoted). The day before I was to travel, I took a rapid antigen test at home and realised I had Covid. Contacted the property, and they didn't even answer messages for the first evening. When I eventually got onto them the next day, they said I would forfeit all my money, and that they were far too busy to respond to messages. Rang Airbnb, who said I could have a partial refund but would not believe the evidence of my RAT (how could I prove it was MY test?) and insisted I needed to leave the house, infected, to find a testing centre. Only then would they consider a full refund. Rang the property back again, and they reiterated that they were not interested in helping me. I could try re-booking through Airbnb if I liked, but it was all "out of their hands". They said I should have booked directly with them. Told them the story of why I hadn't. They said yes, this was what they did in order to make up for the hardship of the last 2 years. I decided the safest thing to do was cancel, and receive a partial refund. Not only have I missed out on an important getaway, but have been made to feel like a liar and a cheat at worst, or a terribly inconvenient "guest" at best. I will never book at this motel again.

1  Thank 167debih
Reviewed 21 December 2021 via mobile

The Art Deco hotel is set in beautiful gardens and it’s lovely to wake up to birds singing. My room was clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff were wonderful and attentive.

It would be nice if it was renovated to a real Art Deco hotel with genuine Art Deco furniture and fittings.It would be something quite special then.

Unfortunately on the two occasions I have stayed here the peaceful ambience has been ruined by noisy guests or neighbours The first occasion, it was children left unsupervised at night running around the corridors. This time it was people across Oak avenue playing music loudly and talking loudly late at night.

I rang the hotel and the woman who answered the phone ( a manager I think) said I’d have to ring the police. They can ‘t go over and knock on the door of the house and anyway they (the hotel) are closed.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2021 via mobile

Disappointing stay over 2 nights. The powerpoints in our room stopped working so we had no fridge (to keep our 3.5yr old daughter’s food cold), no TV, no way of using the kettle/toaster provided for making breakfast, no way of charging phones, etc. The owner blamed us, offering no solutions such as another room or a tradesperson to repair it immediately, and said we “caused the power outage and because he’d have to call an electrician next week he wasn’t giving us even $1 in compensation because it was our fault”. He was rude and arrogant. I’d never stay here again or recommend it to others. There were other issues we had inc. some attention to detail re: housekeeping (i.e. dirty cutlery placed back with the clean cutlery, food items being removed from our room) but these could easily be forgiven if better customer service from the owner and a commitment to kindness, compassion and understanding had been applied. “I don’t care if you don’t come again” was his attitude, “because I can get more customers from booking.com and other sites”. Such a shame for beautiful Beechworth. We’d stayed here before a number of times before this owner took over. What a disaster!

Room tip: Avoid at all costs.
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DamienStevens3630
Reviewed 28 November 2021 via mobile

My partner booked the spa suite for our overnight stay while attending a seminar in Beechworth.
Myself and others I know attending the seminar are gluten free. I asked the man at reception if they had gluten free bread or cereal for mine and other’s breakfasts. He said they don’t stock gluten free as it isn’t asked for and it would go off. I suggested he put the bread in the freezer as he did the other bread provided. Fortunately, a staff member brought some bags of gluten free cornflakes to us.
Our bed was the most uncomfortable my partner and I slept in and we had sore neck and back next morning.
A friend staying there had an electrical problem in their room and had no fridge, kettle, toaster or tv working. The man at reception blamed them for the electrical fault and wouldn’t shift them to another room and wouldn’t agree to monetary compensation.
We had stayed at the Linaker before and it was clean and staffed by friendly helpful people.
Such a shame the new owners aren’t the same.
I will never stay at the Linaker again

Date of stay: November 2021