Lock in great prices from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2023

Top location, easy 100m walk to to Beechworth's main street, restaurants, pub, shopping and attractions. Comfortable quiet room, ample parking. Good value at $165 p/n and Brian was a friendly, efficent host.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2023

Great location to be able to walk to hotels and resteraunts. Friendly check in ,however the room we stayed in was tired. Bed needs updating. Small touches like no tissues. Shower water hard to regulate. They dont replace tea coffee etc unless you specifically ask. They dont remake beds or refresh room if staying two nights.
I guess it is rated as three star and that's probably accurate. Priced accordingly. So in fairness are got what we paid for.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2023 via mobile

The Carriage Motor Inn is a traditional Aussie motel with parking outside the bedrooms and doesn’t win any prizes for contributing to Beechworth’s heritage atmosphere. But its position is central, with all of the town’s fine historic centre and dining options within easy walking distance. My room was large and comfortable, sleeping four (double bed + two singles). Very quiet. It gets a big gold star for offering use of a washing machine ($4) and dryer (free).

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2023 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms through booking.com for a family visit to celebrate a 90th birthday party. We received confirmation from both booking.com and the motel within 2 days of booking.
They rang me 1 week before to inform me that they ‘double booked’ and couldn’t honour our booking! Very disappointing!!!
How does this even happen??
I’m guessing because they had someone else wanting to stay longer got our rooms!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2022

I arrived at the reception to give Brian- owner/manager?  my booking details - I had an email from booking.com including the price of the room. Brian subsequently felt that I needed to be educated - that booking.com had clearly got things wrong. And furthermore that I was lucky that he did not charge the full amount. I was slightly bemused by Brian... he is a bully. He is rude. The way he spoke was unprofessional and unacceptable. He also charged my card more than the email stated because he was sure they had it wrong.

Whilst I feel that booking.com does play a part and they need to communicate better with the businesses that they work with... to be rude to a customer is not going to encourage repeat business. Since that unfortunate stay I have  contacted booking.com and registered a complaint. It is yet to be addressed. I do not believe that a solution will be achieved because it would require a man who feels he is right making a compromise to ensure that a customer service level is achieved.

Moving past that, the motel is in an exceptional location... walking distance to everything. The grounds are well kept and the rooms are clean. The rooms would most certainly benefit from an upgrade ... but that comes at a cost to the business. Everything in the room is average. One small concern is how easy it is to hear the conversations in the next room word for word- I am now fully conversant with someone's relationship issues after being here. I did try to zone out but late at night, I didn't want to turn on the TV to distract myself because I was aware that it would have disturbed the next room which wasn't fair on them.

Date of stay: November 2022