“Coffee and cake”

Price range: AU$2 - AU$9
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: It's here, in Beechworth, that our bakery and our traditions began. Steeped in history as this town - and this region - is, it's a great place to live, work and visit. Making the most of two historic buildings sitting side by side right in the centre of town, the original Beechworth Bakery was established in 1984. Since then the bakery has carried on the original vision and passion for customer service and quality product, which runs through the foundation of all our bakeries. We hope you enjoy your visit to Beechworth, and warmly invite you to our bakery - your home away from home.
Reviewed 8 March 2024

Passing through and spent a couple of hours in Beechworth. Based in previous good experience with Echuca Beechworth Bakery we stopped in for a coffee and snack. Staff friendly. Coffee and cakes good.

Date of visit: March 2024
Anthea Webster, Other at Beechworth Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2024

Reviewed 11 February 2024

We had heard about this bakery and seen it on tv so decided to try it out,It didnt disappoint but was a bit pricey couldnt eat there to much but had a good choice of everything.

Date of visit: February 2024
Anthea Webster, Other at Beechworth Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2024

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Reviewed 5 February 2024 via mobile

We were excited to go get a lovely wrap or sandwich for a picnic lunch.
The schnitzel wrap was dry with no mayonnaise, avocado, condiments and the top of the wrap was dry from sitting out for who knows how long. The coleslaw was totally dry and I had to add my own mayonnaise to help an already boring wrap.

Incredibly disappointed.

Cakes and other sweet treats on the other hand are very delicious.

Work on your quick sandwiches/wraps for delicious takeaways but I won’t be back in a hurry.

Date of visit: February 2024

Thank you for your review and we’re sorry to have disappointed you. Please know that we have passed your feedback on to our Bakery team for review. We do hope you decide to give us another go in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2024

All I can say is, I woke up at 6 a.m. incorrectly assuming that's when the food is freshly made and ready to go. That couldn't be further from the truth. I walked down to the Beechworth Bakery at 6 a.m. looking for a coffee and a bacon and egg roll. What I received was a bacon and egg sandwich that was far from fresh. It was a dried-up toasty that had been sitting in a Bain Marie overnight, if not longer (confirmed by a staff member when I walked in and asked).

Quietly, I asked the young guy behind the counter, "Has this been sitting in a Bain Marie?" He responded with a simple "Yes." I expressed that it tasted horrible, and his response was merely 'OK.' It should have been, "I do apologize. Can I get you another one? Can I make you a fresh one?" But no, just 'OK.' Well, it's not OK.

The coffee was OK though.

Date of visit: January 2024
Anthea Webster, Other at Beechworth Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2024

Thank you for your review and we’re sorry to have disappointed you. Please know that we have passed your feedback on to our Production Manager. We do hope you decide to give us another go in the future.”

Reviewed 9 January 2024

I love the bakery the cakes and bread and pies normally are fantastic ..But staff need to check what they give you better ..I asked for a plain pie and i was given a steak and mushroom as i cannot eat mushrooms it was very disappointing as i was looking forward to having the pie. But i do advise people to try the bakery .

Date of visit: January 2024