“Quiet, comfortable and congenial”
Review of Cimarron

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aireys Inlet
Cimarron
Ranked #3 of 3 Aireys Inlet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We generally agree with the previous comments under "Quiet Bush Retreat". We found our hosts Wade and Paul both congenial and helpful.

We stayed in the spacious Eagle Room which has ocean views from the bed. The pleasant bathroom is right next door and has everything you need, including a view of the national park at the rear.

The big room downstairs was available for quiet lounging around on a sofa and reading from Wade's large collection of books, some of which are for sale at reasonable second-hand prices, for those interested.

As advertised, there is a continental breakfast available at 9am, but it is one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever had with high quality granola, yoghurt, croissants, toast and delicious homemade jams. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I understand that the upstairs Eagle Rooom has the best view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James42_10

Reviewed 24 November 2012

If you're looking for a place to decompress from the pressures of modern work and life, then Cimarron should be a the top of your list of places to consider. There's much to really like about this place: the bush setting, the ocean views, the birdlife, the inspiring timber construction of the house, the wonderful collection of books of browse, and of course the delightful company of hosts, Paul and Wade. Don't come to Cimarron B&B if you're after black pudding, Royal Doulton figurines and lace doilies, but do come for the chance to re-charge your batteries, reduce your sleep deficit and re-connect with the simple pleasures of the day. Within easy reach of Melbourne by car (90mins), but feels like a world away. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pablomoderno
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cimarron! I only live about 40mins away so could afford to be picky but why would I ever go anywhere else? I travelled alone on this occasion as I was on a self styled writing retreat and Cimarron was just perfect. Aireys Inlet is a lovely little town and Cimarron is nestled in the bush next to the national park where it is lovely and quiet. You have a beautiful view of the ocean and the tranquillity of the bush. I took my bike which was perfect for the 2-2.5 km into the pub and the wonderful Aireys Inlet Foodstore and Cafe!
Hosts Paul and Wade are just so friendly and welcoming and have some wonderful stories, Wade should sell a little take away bag of his home made muesli, I miss it!
I never wanted to leave the fire place and enormous library of books :)
The rooms are beautifully clean and luxurious, the location is ideal and the hosts are friendly and welcoming, what more could you ask? I'll be returning.

Room Tip: Eagle has a wonderful view, the apartment has it's own private entrance, I stayed in the Eagle a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2012

What a perfect oasis a short drive inland from the Great Ocean Road at Aireys Inlet! This stunning, hand crafted/built house with its abundance of beautiful timbers and brick is set on a rising 5 acres of lush, Australian gardens/bush with magnificent ocean views. My very spacious bedroom with ensuite, more like a bedsitter in size, was accessed by its own entrance from the paved, private patio where I enjoyed many a cup of tea, lost in the ocean vista and the songs of the kookaburras. While I treasured my privacy, I had open access to the wonderful main living area of the house - an extensive open plan "room", lined with crammed bookshelves. The traditional return verandahs protect the house from our extreme weathers. All this would have been enough to keep me happy but, as an added bonus, Paul and Wade, my hosts, were perfectly attentive to my needs without being intrusive in the slightest - sometimes a fine line to walk. It was stressed that I should make myself at home including making cups of tea whenever I wanted; a beautifully fresh breakfast was served each morning - much more than I could eat - at a time to suit me; tips on all things "Aireys Inlet" to enhance my visit - the organic icecreamery is a must - and interesting, engaging conversation when I felt the need for company. This was particuarly true of Paul, the perfect host, as Wade was often busy with his academic requirements. I had booked for 3 nights, an extravagance I was allowing myself, but stayed for 5. It was just too hard to leave! Thanks again Paul and Wade.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 15JulieB15
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Quiet and Peacefull and a great place to relax after driving the Great Ocean Road.
Beautiful Gardens and birds abound. We had breakfast on the patio with a beautiful
view of the the Southern Ocean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple