All reviews centennial park oxford street continental breakfast was included sun deck order a cooked breakfast the hotel is pet friendly pets are allowed overhead fan paddington area entertainment quarter included in the room price chain hotels secure parking the king size bed bondi beach stayed one night lovely hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020

We have stayed at the Hughenden for many years. During this time the business has been sold twice to a new owner. We stayed at the Hughenden for the following reasons.
1 The property and atmosphere is delightful
2 The staff get to know you and are very helpful.
3 The room rates are very reasonable and include a breakfast.
4 The restaurant is lovely and the food very good.
5 The hotel is well looked after and very clean.
6 The hotel is in an area close to shopping and cafes.

Today.
1 The property is still interesting but has lost its charm.
2 Despite having stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over many years, we were not in the computer.
3 The room rates have gone up, but include a voucher for breakfast in the coffee terrace. No opportunity to order a cooked breakfast or self serve from a buffet.
4 The restaurant does not provide lunch and only has dinner on weekend nights.
5 The hotel whilst clean is looking neglected and carpets warn and grubby. Dust under the furniture in the foyer.

The hotel is no longer offering the convenience we were loving.
THE REASONS. for everything? The hotel has been sold and divided its facilities between accomodation and dining, run now by separated entities.
Plus I handed back the breakfast vouchers value 2x$10 and they still charged me 7.50 for mini bar purchases.
I think we will find something else.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 8 December 2020

I stayed one night at the Hughenden after attending a wedding in Centennial Park, a short walk from the hotel. I booked the day before and received a great rate and secure parking. Having grown up in this area of Sydney, I'd been past the hotel many times, but never stayed until this week. It is an old hotel but the room (Standard Plus) was a good size, nicely decorated and perfect for a night of rest before an early start the next day. The king size bed was comfortable and although I had the first room on the ground floor, I couldn't hear any noise from the road. The bar at the front of the hotel was a nice place to enjoy a sparkling wine before walking to the wedding and the breakfast voucher for the coffee shop open at 7am was perfect for me. I'm glad I finally stayed here and would do so again; the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel offered a unique experience when compared with the larger hotels in the city.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

Small, well run boutique hotel that has great staff. The coffee and breakfast is lovely making it good value for the room rate. Close to Paddington and Centennial Park. If you have trouble with steep stairs make sure you get the ground floor.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2020

We stayed at the Hugenden for 2 days in November. Our welcome at reception was distracted but there was a computer glitch. The room was small but nice, very clean and and very comfortable. However despite asking for a QUIET room we got a room facing Queen Street. It was noisy.The alarm clock was rubbish trucks at the crack if dawn. On our last night a very noisy party of drinking men yelled and whooped for ages in the Cafe section below. It was awful. We asked staff to shut them up and thankfully they left shortly after.
It us a pity the hotel did not care to honour our request.

The whole place has a slightly disengaged and empty vibe.

The location is brilliant near Woollahra, Paddington and Centennual Park

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2020

Booked a family room in this historic hotel - excellent location, good customer service, clean and comfortable rooms, secured car parking, breakfast in your room ( ie if you want), and dogs allowed.

This is a hidden gem - Highly recommended accommodation in Sydney.

Date of stay: October 2020