Lowest prices for your stay
AU$404
AU$399
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews fish and chips south head the pub ferry from circular quay harbour view great spot sunday night beach club the gap camp cove wedding noise city sydney bay weekends bondi
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2022 via mobile

Off the beaten track. If you’re looking for a quieter place to stay in Sydney I would highly recommend this Boutique Hotel for a night or two.

I’m not from Australia and I was looking for a place to stay in Sydney that was by a beach and a little calmer than the offerings around the CBD or Bondi.

Right on the Bay the hotel is above a busy restaurant and pub (which can get very noisy).

Perfect walking distance to the beach at Camp Cove, Cliff walks and the main road with two or three quaint breakfast spots.

You can also take the Ferry right outside the door straight into the city centre or circular key (approx. 23 mins!)

I stayed in two different rooms
- front facing & side facing loft.

Pros
- Very cute neighbourhood
- Beautiful views
- Lovely interior rooms

Cons
- Front facing rooms can get very noisy. Especially 206 which was on a corner and caught every sound
- No Pool (but 10 mins walk to Camp Cove Beach)
- Reception open limited hours
- Sheet Quality wasn’t the best think they might need to update the sheets to a higher thread count

Nu komt de aap uit de mouw

Room tip: Lovely front facing views but be aware there is a busy vibrant restaurant below and the ferry which can be a little noisy
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2022 via mobile

A boutique hotel with great location at Watson bay with unimaginable beauty with spacious room and amenities. Very vibrant place near with ferry jetty. The surrounding area is naturally beautiful with trees and waves.The reception personnels are very helpful and friendly.As the day was holiday it was very crowded especially the beach club area and restaurent. The sea foods was mesmerizing and testy.
There are lots of bar and restaurent near about.The scenic beauty of the place make it as a gem.Not far from city but you will feel a different atmosphere at watson bay.
We enjoyed a lot and definitely come again.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Sydney Collective, Marketing at Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2022

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2022

We stayed here in March, just a one night get away and found the room comfortable, the service relaxed but attentive and the views of the harbour were fabulous. We enjoyed lots of walks around the area, the park next door and nearby cafes. We ate at the restaurant in front which was great, casual dining with lots of locals, families and pets. We had a balcony over looking the restaurant and didn’t experience any issues with noise. For us as staycationers, it would have been perfect if they offered a dog friendly option. We would definitely be back with our little furry mate …

Room tip: Room with a view for us made it a great stay
Date of stay: March 2022
The Sydney Collective, Marketing at Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2022

Hi Jeni, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your staycation at Watsons Bay Hotel. Thank you for your great feedback on the rooms, food and service. We really appreciate it. We have passed on your feedback regarding a pet friendly option to our team. Hope to see you for another staycation soon. Thanks.

Reviewed 3 March 2022

NO ONE GOES THERE NOWADAYS, IT'S TOO CROWDED.

Just kidding - fact is the WATSONS BAY BEACH CLUB at the WATSONS BAY HOTEL*++ has been one of the places to be seen by the eastern suburbs/near city in-set since I first passed by in the ‘70s. Lotsa people go there but crowds don’t put them off. Anytime on a nice weekend or holiday the place is packed – except for the likes of me: an antisocial cheapskate who hates crowds and refuses to spend the ask.
But all that changed recently when a 10am pass-by saw few customers and plenty of vacant seats/tables – so I dived in and placed an order.
The place was definitely not crowded, with only half a dozen customers. There were as many staff members – naturally the service was pretty slick. But I hope there is more staff at busy times to handle the crowds I’ve seen.
Uncrowded but most of the tables had RESERVED signs – looks like it still gets busy at luncheon on a nice week day.
Um, that order. They couldn’t do a schooner – only pints. I thought that a bit pretentious (don’t only Brits drank pints?). But maybe this is typical of popular bars these days – what do I know, not having visited one for years? So I asked for their entry level pint of beer and got a glass abt 30% bigger than a schooner; cost $14. $14! - if that’s entry level, we need a new entry level.**
Similarly the food menu contained no bargains – prices matched adjacent DOYLE’S*++. Must admit a passing plate of chips seemed HUGE.

But OK. Let’s judge WATSONS BAY BEACH CLUB from the viewpoint of the typical tourist, not a bottom budget geezer on a skinny pension. From this aspect the place has a lot going for it:
-GREAT LOCATION :The Beach Club is right on the beachfront esplanade at WATSONS BAY* (tourist central) with views++ across and up the harbour (you can see the top of SH BRIDGE++), the beach ++(20m), the ferry wharf (30m), Robertson Park (35m) and more. Next door is famous DOYLES SEAFOOD RESTAURANT*++. Abt. 300M at the top of the park is the GAP* viewpoint. The trek to BONDI BEACH* starts here. Adjacent is the bus station.
Attractive/trendy CAMP COVE BEACH* is a 5 minute walk, the HERITAGE TRAIL* starts there, LADY BAY BEACH* (nude) is another 5 mins on and SOUTH HEAD* another 10.
-GOOD PEOPLE WATCHING: the eastern suburbs cool set spares no expense in staying trim, grooming, cosmetic enhancement and couture. They come to hook up, network or be seen. In party mode they are worth checking out. It’s always party mode when the Beach Club is busy. At such times they have a DJ.
A bonus for car nerds is that WB is a destination for car clubs. Plus the eastern suburbs has a disproportionate share of great late model upmarket stuff. Also good is that some arrivals, probably to make a statement, arrive by some pretty cool boats.

TIPS:
- ACCESS is good. Most scenic is the FERRY from CIRCULAR QUAY. A ferry also crosses to MANLY* weekends only. BONDI-WB-MANLY in one day makes a great tourist combination. Although each is worth a full day.
I often come by 380 bus from Bondi Beach or a 324/325 from Edgecliff bus/rail interchange.
- bus/train times and bus stand locations are online. There are buses right thru to the city.
-there is cheaper fast food nearby.
-PARKING IS TIGHT on a good day. Curbside and public lots are a matter of luck. Apart from the pub’s own small lot I know of no private parking stations. A lot of the cool set get dropped off outside the Beach Club – the driver then goes to find a park. I’ve found Old South Head Rd. works – not that I drop cool people off: the only cool person I know is LADY ELDO who’s so cool she hasn’t smiled in 30 years.
-TA reviewers’ photos are worth checking.

MY RATING – the great location, good people watching and access lift this above the average. However I’m withholding a roundel because I’m not convinced drink and food are good value (menus are online – judge for yourself), nor service is adequate at busy times. Plus the parking is hopeless.

**I’m showing both my parsimonious nature and the need to get out more often here. Fact is I usually buy my beer by the box at <$2 a stubby. Last time I was in a place like this was the Byron Bay Beach Pub 4 years ago: a schooner cost $$4. I was outraged! As said: I need to get out……

*TA has a reader review page
++ see my pix

2  Thank blackeldo
Reviewed 2 February 2022

The hotel was recently seen on Sydney Weekender and whilst the rooms are ok and location is good, be prepared for the noise factor after the hotel patrons leave and the staff stay on to wind down and close. We recently stayed in late January 2022. On the Sunday night, they closed at 10 pm, but continued the loud music until 12 am when the staff left. On the Monday night, they were supposed to close at 9 pm, but patrons left at 12 am, due to a wedding and then staff left around 2.30 am, so whilst the music stopped after 12 am, you still couldn't really enjoy the view/ocean breeze by leaving the door open. Disappointed, as the accommodation is not cheap to have a harbour view and whilst we were prepared that the hotel didn't close until late, wasn't excepting not to be able to fully enjoy the location.

Date of stay: January 2022