New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Rydges Parramatta

Rydges Parramatta
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Sydney Australia
“Fine for Business Travel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at Rydges Parramatta for work for 3 nights. Staff are friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean and tidy. Pretty basic layout and standard, bed quite comfortable - however I found that I slept really badly the whole time I was there - lots of noise from the road and a VERY noisy aircon vent in the bathroom. Other colleagues who were also staying there had the same experience.

Room service was of a decent standard and was delivered within half an hour. The buffet breakfast was above average - quite nice choices, with a fresh juice bar. Coffee was pretty bad - they need to get a decent barista for breakfast times.

I was looking forward to using the indoor pool, however it was being renovated the week I was there. There is also a gym which I did not use, but colleagues said was fine.

Overall, the hotel is fine for business purposes and the service from staff is above what you would expect for a Rydges hotel.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing James Ruse Drive - very noisy!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thanks for your review of Rydges Parramatta. Sorry that the pool area was closed during your stay. We were upgrading the spa and it is unfortunate that it was whilst you were here. It is finished now though and looks great. I hope we see you back here soon so you can try out our pool and new spa.

Cheers, Mieke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Queenstown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

A fantastic stay in a modern, clean and well serviced room. What more can you ask for?

The hotel staff were curtious and attentive and the facilities great, as you would expect from the Rydges. We found this to be a high value option to see the fireworks in Sydney over New Years Eve, without paying the ridiculous prices for a hotel in the city. This hotel is close to the rail link for easy access to Sydney with regular trains.

All in all an enjoyable stay over NYE - Thank you

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Happy New Year! Who can believe that 2013 is already approaching and our new year celebrations will be here before we know it! The lights of Sydney surely light up on New Years with great views from Rydges Parramatta, I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed them. Perhaps we will see you back here again this year? Make sure you book a room with city views.
Eden NSW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed at Rydges Parramatta for 3 nights, the room was clean & adequate, the carpet was getting a little worn though. It was overall very comfortable. The in house restaurnat had lovely meals, but a bit on the expensive side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back - James Ruse Drive can get a bit noisy early in the morning. Also, ch...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us at Rydges Parramatta. We like for all our guests to feel at home. The rooms are in deed quieter on the “non-road” side but it can mean missing out on the view of Rosehill Racecourse. I hope that we welcome you back here again soon and if you are looking for a dining alternative the Winning Post Bar has a great atmosphere and a great range of bar meals also.

Thanks for your review. We greatly appreciate it.
Guyra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night for travel with my family to the State x-country titles. When we arrived my daughter was not well and reception (Meaka) was so accomadating and caring. We were instantly given a room which was on a higher floor and very large. More pillows were sent up for the kids and I was also given help ( by Meaks again) as I was having trouble with my laptop. We ate at the restaurant for lunch which again was great service and beautiful food. Room service was lovely for dinner and my daughter had a very comfortable bed to recover in. Furniture is a bit tired but the cleanliness made up for this.....Dont hesitate...Thanks Rydges

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParramattaManager, Front Office Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. Your family was a delight to look after and I am so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I hope that your daughter was feeling better and able to compete. It was great to see the number of families staying here last week support their competing children.

I hope to see you here again,
Best wishes, Mieke
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed In strawberry road suite .. Was more like a studio with a long hallway & bathroom at the end .. For the 250$ price tag for one night, I did expect more! Room was ok, the bed was very comfortable but the furnishings were a bit old and the toilet did smell badly of bleach - tried to air it out by opening the window but it had no fly screen so had to close it! There was also some sort of meeting/conference room RIGHT next door to us with an adjoining locked door in our rooms hallway (which was VERY strange) and we could loudly & very clearly hear people talking, laughing, going to the toilet, & vacuuming next door at various times throughout the day. Also at around 7am the next day, the meeting room door (or whatever it was) was CONSTANTLY being opened & slammed shut, which would make me jump from my sleep every single time!!!! Veryyyyyy disturbing!!!!!!!
My fiancé, aired some complaints to the reception staff & they offered us a discount for next time we stay .. But honestly why would we stay here when we can pay $220 for a very fancy & MODERN 1 bedroom apartment at Novotel!! Never staying at rydges again!!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kayklu
Thanks for taking the time to write about your in Strawberry Road. It is certainly disheartening to hear that your stay in Strawberry Road was disturbed by noise of the conference facilities. We certainly have acknowledged this and envision that this will not be a reoccurrence for future guests. I do hope though that you got some use out of the spa and were able to relax.

I hope that we can welcome you back one day either here or at another AHL property.

Cheers, Mieke

Travellers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
1.9 km away
2.0 km away
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
Novotel Sydney Parramatta
#6 of 11 in Parramatta

Been to Rydges Parramatta? Share your experiences!