Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
BarrellRider
Auckland, New Zealand

So Comfortable, will be Back!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2024
Courteous check-in, we arrived early & were able to leave our bags until 2pm check-in. Check-in was courteous & easy, despite the long wait in queue at 2pm. Our room was very spacious with everything we needed. The bed was really comfortable & we appreciated the extra availability of fluffy pillows. The shower/toilet area is the largest we have ever seen! No noise from aircraft landing/departing, despite the hotel being right at International. Loved the fact that we had only minutes to walk to check in for our VERY early morning flight next day - gives you extra time and no rush at all.
Check-out was effortless, even at 5 a.m. Pity we only stayed overnight, would love to stay longer next time.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$158
2.3 km from Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
View more hotels in Mascot
6,140 results
All reviews across the road international terminal t bus next morning an early flight rooftop bar sydney airport comfortable bed king room car park convenient location room service domestic flight mini bar buffet breakfast an overnight stay stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2024

Excellent for quick access to the airport - it is right adjacent to Arrivals of the international terminal. Nicely appointed rooms, with all basic necessary requirements. Good clean and recent decoration and furnishings. Rooms quiet and with good sleep quality. All comfortable and easy, with everything you need (as long as you need tea/coffee, minibar, toiletries etc; no microwave or dishes). The restaurant was fine. Please note, that because where it is in the airport, there are no other facilities (convenience stores etc) around, so unless you get public transport out of the terminal you have to make do with what is available in the hotel (there is no small shop in the hotel). Glad to get a booking - and a good price - at a time when rooms were rapidly selling out, because there were many cancelled flights due to storms. Booked at the last minute over the phone, from a very noisy subway station; thank you to the very helpful clerk on the front desk. The hotel sold out soon after. Whew!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2024

Decent enough but a little pricey, but I guess that is the convenience of staying at the airport for a 6am flight. Beds weren't as comfy as last time we stayed with you. Our check-in took longe than we expected as there was only one staff member available on a Sunday afternoon it seems

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2024

Just an overnighter to collect visitors from the International Terminal the following day. Grateful for a late checkout to allow us to meet visitors and then check out and collect car. Convenient parking at Park 7 but only 10 mins after checkout to obtain parking discount. Note to new players - Priority members discounts only for drinks, not main meals. Food at the restaurant was a set price (delicious but too large for me) but if you prefer a smaller meal, the pub downstairs would be better.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2024

We have stayed at Ridges regularly on our visits to Australia and this is the first time we have felt let down. First we found that a previous bar credit coupon had been cancelled and no apology. Then we tried to order a dish at Smithys bar which was on the menu is the room to be told it wasn't on their menu and their ice cream choices were different. Finally I followed the instructions to minimise towel replacement as part of the hotels green initiative which offered a credit as inducement to be told on check out that it wouldn't be applied to our bill. Then why offer it??? I wasn't worried about the money it was the principle. Management needs to tidy its act !!!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

We stayed a night with my family in between flight from Hong Kong and an early flight to Queenstown NZ the next morning, so staying right at the airport seemed like the best option. We had two plain but decent (if not overly clean) inter-connecting rooms, one for us and one for the kids, and a large bathroom between the two. We were tired after a long flight and eager to shower, have some quick room service and go to bed early.

This is when things went downhill. I had showered the kids first, dried them and then got in the shower myself. After the shower I buried my face and head in a towel (that had been folded like a clean towel should), to find it STANK like an old sweaty gym towel that had been used again and again for months on dirty, sweaty skin, sitting in a smelly gym bag, and then eventually dried. I was horrified. I tried another towel, and it was the same! Every single towel in our room was stinky and also visibly dirty as I started to inspect them! And they had been folded and left out for us as clean towels - AND I had dried both my children in them. YUK.

I called housekeeping to bring some clean towels, explained what had happened and they didn’t seem at all shocked. In fact they didn’t even apologize. They eventually just brought some more towels saying ‘you can try if these are better’. They weren’t. One of them smelled so bad I almost vomited, and was dry wrenching for a while.

After that was very hard to eat the room service dinner as I was seriously worried about their level of hygiene in the hotel. I have never had such a disgusting experience in my life.

When we checked out in a hurry the next morning I told the receptions about this experience. They said I should message the manager which I didn’t have time to do. I thought the manager should have messaged US to apologize and explain how come the hotel uses dusty towels in their rooms! Surely this is against health and safety rules?? The hotel had our contact details of course.

I’m surprised they can keep their hotel license with such lack of hygiene standards. I would never ever go back to a Rydges hotel again, even if it was the only option around. This is simply not acceptable.

Even in the simplest, cheapest hotel you still expect to have a clean towel. This was the most disgusting experience I have ever had in a hotel / motel / B&B, and I have traveled all over Africa, India, US, Asia etc. NOT what you would expect on arrival to Sydney, Australia!

Room tip: Bring your own towels!
Trip type: Travelled with family