Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kate T

Excellent dining at Ascot Restaurant

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Nov 2023
Had a delicious meal at The Ascot Restaurant. Special mention to Dhano the restaurant supervisor, who went above and beyond to make our dining experience special. Thank you.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$232
2.6 km from Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
View more hotels in Mascot
6,132 results
All reviews across the road international terminal t bus next morning an early flight rooftop bar sydney airport comfortable bed king room car park convenient location room service domestic flight mini bar buffet breakfast an overnight stay stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2023

Stayed at the Rydges for 1 night prior to an early morning departure. This hotel is not cheap but extremely convenient and was for us worth the extra $$$. The room was deluxe with Airport View, the view from the room was spectacular really enjoyed watching the planes. Room was modern and clean, no complaints at all from us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2023 via mobile

The switchboard does NOT answer the phone. Instead you get put on hold and then hung up on. This is a safety issue. No one should take this safety risk. Sydney has many hotels. Do not put your life at risk at a hotel which refuses to hire enough staff to ensure the phone gets answered.

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Eufemia Macri, Guest Services / Front Office at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2023

Dear 560MichaelL,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention in relation to an isolated incident related to a malfunction of our telephone auto attendant technology. We are confident that this is an isolated incident and that you should have confidence to stay with us. I trust that you were satisfied with the resolution extended to you after our General Manager contacted you personally in the USA to discuss your concerns. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Benjamin Spark
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

Excellent hotel very comfortable clean modern rooms with everything you need. Nice quiet rooms with effective air con.

I have been laid up with COVID for a few days. The staff have been amazing. Crystal delivered Panadol Berocca and throat lozenges.

They were helpful in advising about Doctors and Chemists. Chemists st the airport do not have COVID Antivirals so I used an app called HOLA Meds. Through this app I uploaded my prescription and the hotel staff assisted with printing the script for the delivery driver and they then delivered the medication to my door. I was given Breakfast In my room and they very kindly provided hot Potatoe soup from the restaurant menu for dinner. It was hot and tasty. Just what I needed.

I cannot say enough about how the staff have been so very very helpful and pleasant.

Before I get sick had a greatly great dinner in the Ascot Room. Great Duck and desserts.

Would definitely recommend thus hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2023

Always stay at the hotel when flying overseas as it is right opposite the international terminal. Now staying there upon my return to Australia as the flight does not come in until late. Last time I had breakfast the next morning. A fantastic buffet breakfast. Best scrambled eggs I have ever tasted. Good selection of cereals also.
The rooms are very quiet and the beds comfortable.
Staff at reception were friendly and efficient.
Will be staying there in January next year after my return flight. Will continue staying there. Great place.

Room tip: Worth the extra money
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2023

My stay at Rydges Hotel in Sydney Airport left much to be desired. Here's a breakdown of my experience:

Costly Choice: One of the glaring issues with this hotel is the price tag. Considering what it offers in return, it seems overpriced for what you get.

Subpar Service: The service provided during my stay was far from exceptional. It lacked the warmth and attentiveness that can make a hotel stay memorable.

Sinking Feeling: The mattress on my bed was uncomfortably soft, which often suggests an aging mattress in need of replacement. This affected my sleep quality and overall comfort during the stay.

Now, the silver lining:

The one redeeming quality of Rydges Hotel is its unbeatable proximity to the international terminal at Sydney Airport. If you're in need of a place to rest your head before an early flight, this convenience could make it a suitable choice.

In summary, Rydges Hotel in Sydney Airport may serve its purpose as a stopover option due to its location, but it falls short in terms of value, comfort, and service quality.

• Trip type: Travelled on business