Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michael L
Salem, Massachusetts

Major.safety issue -- avoid

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Nov 2023via mobile
The switchboard does NOT answer the phone. Instead you get put on hold and then hung up on. This is a safety issue. No one should take this safety risk. Sydney has many hotels. Do not put your life at risk at a hotel which refuses to hire enough staff to ensure the phone gets answered.
Date of stay: November 2023
Room Tip: Book elsewhere
Trip type: Travelled solo
Eufemia Macri, Guest Services / Front Office at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 6 Nov 2023
Dear 560MichaelL,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention in relation to an isolated incident related to a malfunction of our telephone auto attendant technology. We are confident that this is an isolated incident and that you should have confidence to stay with us. I trust that you were satisfied with the resolution extended to you after our General Manager contacted you personally in the USA to discuss your concerns. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Benjamin Spark
    AU$232
2.6 km from Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
View more hotels in Mascot
6,129 results
All reviews across the road international terminal t bus next morning an early flight rooftop bar sydney airport comfortable bed king room car park convenient location room service domestic flight mini bar buffet breakfast an overnight stay stayed one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

Excellent hotel very comfortable clean modern rooms with everything you need. Nice quiet rooms with effective air con.

I have been laid up with COVID for a few days. The staff have been amazing. Crystal delivered Panadol Berocca and throat lozenges.

They were helpful in advising about Doctors and Chemists. Chemists st the airport do not have COVID Antivirals so I used an app called HOLA Meds. Through this app I uploaded my prescription and the hotel staff assisted with printing the script for the delivery driver and they then delivered the medication to my door. I was given Breakfast In my room and they very kindly provided hot Potatoe soup from the restaurant menu for dinner. It was hot and tasty. Just what I needed.

I cannot say enough about how the staff have been so very very helpful and pleasant.

Before I get sick had a greatly great dinner in the Ascot Room. Great Duck and desserts.

Would definitely recommend thus hotel.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2023

Always stay at the hotel when flying overseas as it is right opposite the international terminal. Now staying there upon my return to Australia as the flight does not come in until late. Last time I had breakfast the next morning. A fantastic buffet breakfast. Best scrambled eggs I have ever tasted. Good selection of cereals also.
The rooms are very quiet and the beds comfortable.
Staff at reception were friendly and efficient.
Will be staying there in January next year after my return flight. Will continue staying there. Great place.

Room tip: Worth the extra money
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2023

My stay at Rydges Hotel in Sydney Airport left much to be desired. Here's a breakdown of my experience:

Costly Choice: One of the glaring issues with this hotel is the price tag. Considering what it offers in return, it seems overpriced for what you get.

Subpar Service: The service provided during my stay was far from exceptional. It lacked the warmth and attentiveness that can make a hotel stay memorable.

Sinking Feeling: The mattress on my bed was uncomfortably soft, which often suggests an aging mattress in need of replacement. This affected my sleep quality and overall comfort during the stay.

Now, the silver lining:

The one redeeming quality of Rydges Hotel is its unbeatable proximity to the international terminal at Sydney Airport. If you're in need of a place to rest your head before an early flight, this convenience could make it a suitable choice.

In summary, Rydges Hotel in Sydney Airport may serve its purpose as a stopover option due to its location, but it falls short in terms of value, comfort, and service quality.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2023

If I could give this a minus score I would.I would like this passed onto the general manager and I will be following up to make sure this has been done. I am absolutely disgusted with our stay in October. On previous occasions you have failed with your service ie: taken payment twice,put us in a room that was full of condensation. Stupidly on my part I thought I would give you another chance, what a mistake that was.
As a member I pre-book well in advance and only the very best room. This costs me an arm and a leg everytime but for the proximity to the airport and for the view I pay it.
On the 2/10/23 I checked in only to be put on the first floor in room 101. This is the type of room I paid for but I didn't pay not to see the airport and to have the window fully covered in a black net.
I then complained and my daughter and I were moved to the 6th floor. This should never have happened.How can you possibly sell this room that is so expensive as an airport view room? It's far from that.
When speaking to the staff member (male) that moved us I requested the 6th floor room on our return on the 13/10/23.(which I had also pre booked).
He assured and promised me we would have the 6th floor room and not the first floor. On checking out on the 3/10/23 I spoke to a young lady who also confirmed we would definitely have the 6th floor room on our return and it could not be changed by anyone,she even showed me the computer and it was highlighted in a red box.
Well surprise we returned on the 13/10/23 only to have that room taken from us and put back on the first floor with the net.I once again complained and asked for an explanation only to be told there were no notes and that room wasn't booked. They then couldn't provide us with the expensive room I had paid for.How embarrassed do you think myself and my daughter were when we were given a room with a king size bed that we had to share( she's 27) because the sofa bed is so lumpy I wouldn't let my dog sleep on it. Apparently the $100 discount and free binoculars made up for your continuous stuff ups over many years. I had no choice but to take a room of lower standard and share a bed.
This is the last time I will EVER book with you,Ive had it. On checking out the girl was so rude.Your staff could take some lessons in manners from the Novotel who I will be booking with in the future. I am absolutely disgusted with the service from Rydges and I will be letting people know not to book with you.

Annette Bowman

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank annettebC687ZQ
Reviewed 13 October 2023

This hotel is ideal for a stopover if you have an early international flight the following day. The hotel is located right opposite the Departure area so you can park in the adjacent carpark and walk to the terminal in the morning. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and the food and service were excellent.

Date of stay: August 2023