“DELI AND BAKERY TO GO”

Cuisines: Deli
Neighbourhood: Manly
Neighbourhood: Manly
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Helpful service with 'gluten free' options available. Bakery at the end of the store provides various delights.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I am a local and have given Four Olives a few go's. My first experience was disappointing. The staff saw me walk in and still I stood there for a few minutes like an idiot trying to get someone's attention. There wasn't one person in the café and about 5 staff so why this happened is beyond me. I ordered chicken and veggies, to my surprised when I received my food my chicken was swimming in sweet chili sauce ( which i never asked for) I didn't want to be rude so I didn't send it back. When I asked for the bill when one of staff walked past I was told to "Pay over there" and pointed to the till at the counter. 3 weeks later I give it another go. The lady behind the counter greeted with me horrendous manners and had a bad attitude. once again the place is empty. unfortunately - I wont come back

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank NicolaBuisman
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We decided on a quick trip to Manly on the fast ferry. After walking around for awhile sight seeing, and shopping in the many shops there, we came across Four Olives.
They serve Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner there all day.
Go up to the counter for a menu to order at the counter or sit in one of the outside sidewalk tables for waiter service.
Sandwiches are reasonable enough, but adding water and soda ads a bit to round off Lunch for 2 at bout $30AUD.
If you need the restroom you need to request a key and to the far right through the shared door with the bakery next door and left through the car park to a restroom door. Inside though the restroom was clean and orderly despite going through the car park to get to it. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Went for a nice Sunday morning breakfast with the family and ordered straight away with one of the waitresses. She was somewhat short with us but took our order nevertheless.
Our freshly squeezed juices came quickly. But then we waited....and waited....and waited....and waited.
It's not as if we'd ordered anything that would take a while to cook. A bacon & egg roll, smashed avo on toast and toast with Vegemite for our 22 month old son.
Not once did any of the wait staff inform us that there was a long wait. Not once did any of them check on us. Not once did they consider that our little 22 month old might not be able to wait that long for a mere slice of Vegemite on toast.
After waiting for 40 minutes, we politely asked one of the waitresses if our food would be much longer. Instead of going and checking with the kitchen, she walked in the opposite direction and started serving other tables.
We were able to make eye contact with the Manager and told him how long we'd been waiting and asked if it would be much longer. To which his response was that there was "a bit of a wait on food"!!!
Would that not have been a good thing to tell us BEFORE we ordered??
Finally, the waitress to whom we'd originally asked how long our food would be, came back and said it'd be at least another 20 minutes!!!!!!
So 1 whole hour for a bacon & egg roll, smashed avo and toast with Vegemite.
Needless to say we cancelled our order and went somewhere else that had better service.
We were still expected to pay full amount for our 2 juices , with no offer of any discount to compensate us.
We will not be going back here again.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank itskc
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Went for a late breakfast, had coffee and toast. Coffee was good, toast was average. When asking about the menu the waiter however didn't seem to know what was on offer with the toast and when asking questions was confused.

Date of visit: February 2017