“Dirty fun!”

Boardrider Backpacker and Budget Motel
Ranked #12 of 13 Speciality Lodging in Manly
Reviewed 24 April 2010

This hostel hygiene level has a lot to be desired, the ladies bathroom was nothing less than disgusting unfortunately. The oscillating room fan, oscillated in the wrong direction causing a hot room sweaty room. However, this hostel makes up in other areas, the roof top terrace is a cute area to hangout, and the common area is very sociable- even with the constant films playing. Manly, the better Bondi, is a lovely little seaside town with nice restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Boardrider Backpacker and Budget Motel

Reviewed 29 November 2009

We had a "deluxe" room with ensuite. Firstly our ensuite was outside our room, the curtain rail kept falling off because it was busted, room is very tiny, no car parking, the shower was unclean and only had one screen of the door, no wardrobe - for a budget motel/backpackers saying their 4 stars - its a crap 4 stars from my book. There was a fan in the room which was a plus, but everything was broken. $120 of ripped off we were.

However, the positives - it was really quiet, centrally located, pillows were comfy and beds, staff were friendly and I guess we didn't really go to manly to stay in our room.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Check-in was OK but got the feeling we were taking the receptionist away from her friend who she was chatting to in reception. When got to the room you could tell it hadnt been cleaned in quite a while but when I checked the bathroom I was disgusted! It had not been cleaned since the previous occupants! There was wee still in the toilet, bugs in the toilet, mould everywhere, the tiles on the floor were white when they were black underneath! We booked and paid for a room that had our own bathroom facilities! We paid more for this room and it was worse than the backpacker part! Got the receptionist up to clean it but it was almost as gross as when she had finished! I am a receptionist at a hotel where I live and I would be ashamed if this had ever happened to me! Also there is a club right next door that has music blaring from 8pm to 4am! If you have been on a long haul flight and want to get a good sleep then you wont find it here!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I didnt book my room and the lady for check in was ok. But when I got in the room, it was terrible. Things everywhere, carpet dirty, strange smell. And i could see in other rooms and that was just the same. But the worse was at check out. Very rude manager, no possibilities to leave our luggage. The only good things are the location and the outside terrace where you can breathe fresh air. Go somewhere else if you can !

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2008

Stayed here with a friend in a private room with ensuite for an amazing price in the busy season. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff at check in. The room was clean, the ensuite bathroom was very clean - there was a tv, dvd player (and dvds at reception desk!), kettle and free tea and coffee in the room! Manly is a really buzzing place especially in the summer, even if you don't just want to go surfing or laze around on the beach. There's some great cafés, bars and shops around sydney rd/central ave. Definately be staying here next time i'm on the Northern Beaches!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)