2,231 results
All reviews great location an ocean view room rooftop pool across the road standard room buffet breakfast ocean front an upgrade overlooking the beach bottle of wine easy walk saturday night car parking ferry terminal circular quay concierge sydney
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel location is great. But this is all the hotel has got going for it. Check in is ok but what they don’t tell you is that you will pay $10 a day for WiFi even though they say if you member of club it’s free.. was allocated room on 5th floor so we took lift to that floor when the door opened the stench hit you it’s awful. The area outside the lift is dark and dingy much like Alcatraz. The rooms don’t get any better it’s the same smell in there it’s just awful. There are a limited number of coat hangers in the wardrobe. What ever you do don’t put anything on the floor as it will get damp very quickly. The ocean views are ok but there are lots of trees in the way

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear lily456988,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent time with us.

Whilst I am glad to read that you enjoyed our beautiful location, I am saddened about the rest of your experience - please allow me to apologise if we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Rest assured your comments have been taken on board and will be utilised for review in terms of training as well as the concerns brought to our attention which will help us with our ongoing refurbishment plan discussion.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and I genuinely hope that there will be another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a deluxe queen twin room with my husband and child. Overall the room was clean and spacious. Had everything you would expect with a balcony. The reason I gave it 3 out of 5 was because of room service. They delivered the wrong child meal twice and by the time they. Got it right, an hour and a half later, my child was asleep. The hotel did however reimburse us the costs of our room service on check out.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear WestAussieGirl,

Your feedback following your recent stay is very much appreciated and whilst I am glad to read that your overall time with us was comfortable, I am disappointed about your negative room service experience - this is certainly not in line with the level of customer service standards we aim to provide to our guests. I am pleased that you addressed the issue upon departure as it allowed us to rectify the shortfall. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed to ensure we avoid similar incidents from reoccurring.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will provide us another opportunity to better serve you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived from Melbourne for the Easter weekend wonderful stay our room was a Superior Room Ocean View. It was exactly that, beautiful views of Manly beach, glass doors that open out on the Balcony. Our room was very clean with all amenities, King bed very comfortable, Open deck pool with ocean views. Buffet breakfast was a bit busy could have had a little bit more variety of fresh fruits and pastries.. staff were very friendly and helpful gave us a late check out till 1pm and overall I will be coming back to the Novotel again next family visit..
Thank you for making our stay enjoyable
Regards Lorraine

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear Lorraine J,

Thank you very much for such a lovely feedback. Comments like yours are exactly why we love what we do. Glad you enjoyed your time in Manly and I hope we get another opportunity to welcome you and your family back for another memorable visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here of easter and were disappointed after paying premium for the stay to be hit with a $40 a night surcharge for parking which we were not told about. After negotiating it down to $40 for three nights which was still ridiculous given we paid over 700 per night we agreed. We arrived at 1.30pm for a 2pm check in and where not given a room till 2.35pm. This too was disappointing . Despite a disappointing start we had a wonderful weekend mainly due to thy location. Service at checkin were rude but other than that room was clean and serviced daily which was nice. Hotel does need some TLC. Breakfast was costly and most foods were cold but plenty of beautiful cafes to choose from. All in all it was a great stay but Hotel and service do need a little improving to justify charging premium.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ritap12345,

Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

I understand you encountered an issue with the car parking - it is advertised as a paid facility on our website as well as at the car parking entrance/exit, however our team is trained to be proactive to ensure we inform our guests about the charges. I am sorry if this was not communicated properly and marred your time with us. I am pleased though that you addressed your concern which allowed us to make amends.

I would also like to apologise if your check in experience was not the best. I have certainly discussed this incident with our Front Office Manager to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring.

Lastly, I am glad to read that your time in Manly was enjoyable despite a few hiccups and you may be pleased to know that we are looking forward to the completion of our refurbishment project which will certainly provide the much needed TLC and uplift on areas of the Hotel which require special attention. We appreciate everyone's patience with this in the meantime.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you again for another visit one day soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here over many years but now I could quite confidently say that the rooms, restaurant, public areas and reception area need a much needed make over.
The room sizes are good. I’ve just stayed in a standard 2 queen bed room.
Security needs upgrading. Anyone can walk from the street through reception to the lift and straight up to any floor. In fact you can walk into the car park from the street and straight up to any floor.
Of course, you cannot beat the location right opposite the beach, however, this should not excuse the Novotel for not investing in the standard of the rooms. It is like a 2-3 star hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018