“Loved it here”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 31
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manly
Description: The love child of a post-surf beer and a casual conversation between a father and son – our brew pub in Manly is where 4 Pines was born. With our original microbrewery onsite, delicious seasonal food coming from the kitchen and the best Australian craft beer flowing from the taps, 4 Pines Brewpub is the greatest place on the Northern Beaches to kick back with family and friends and soak up the laid-back Sydney lifestyle.
Reviewed 23 August 2017

A great place, the food was nice, the beer is good and the atmosphere is great! Definitely worth a visit if you're in Manly.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Don't get me wrong I love it here. Always fun to go and staff is very friendly. I went in with my boyfriend on Friday who got a burger that was overcooked and dry and I got the braised red pork. I was very excited to try this dish out as I've had good meals in the past but wow that was disappointing. It was ALL fat. Literally. I'm a fan of pork. Whether its the leg, hock, pork belly, you get my drift and I can handle fat but this was something else. Whatever chef decided that this was ok to put on a plate was wrong. I left feeling hungry and disappointed. There was barely any meat at all. Just really too bad. The dish costs 25 and I just had a few vegetables to eat. No one asked us how our meals were which is unfortunate. I will be back but sticking with beer.

4PinesBrewingCo, General Manager at 4 Pines Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Kate, firstly thank you for taking the time to review one of our venues. Feedback is always essential in our industry and I genuinely thank you for going to the trouble of writing.

Secondly, please accept my apologies for what was clearly a very disappointing experience. We pride ourselves on delivering experiences that are the very opposite of yours last Friday. Clearly something has gone wrong in this case.

If you would be so kind as to email me your contact details through our kellerdoor@4pinesbeer.com.au email address I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you further and make amends for these disappointments.

Thank you Kate and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Don't miss this place if you enjoy excellent craft beer in a relaxed setting. A work buddy of mine and I stopped in Sunday afternoon. I had the In Season IPA........ perfectly hopped-as good as any IPA I've had in the states!! Friend had the Summer Ale. We sat upstairs in the open air part of the restaurant. We wanted to grab some food but was told there was as a 45 minute wait. Not sure what that was about but we quickly forgot about the food as soon as we tasted the beer!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This is a popular restaurant not far from the Manly Wharf. If you love beer you will love this place in Manly yes its noisy only because everyone loves this place and to top it of the food is good! Dont need anything else.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Since my inaugural review of 4 Pines' latest venture into Northern Beaches Dining (which, let's face it, constitutes cafes, cafes and more cafes) I have returned to The Keller Door at least three times (I think I deserve a loyalty card) and can happily report that it is still amazing and I still love it.

The winter menu has yielded such delights as a Slow Cooked Lamb with Polenta, so comforting and sumptuous and warming I wanted to sleep with it, a succulent Barramundi with sparkling, zesty Asian flavours and an Octopus dish which was as tender and lyrical as a Fitzgerald Night.

The beer too continues to excite and surprise. I ate alone on the night 4 Pines celebrated IPA Day and marvelled at the brilliance of a New England IPA (which every man and his dog seemed to be ordering at the bar), perfectly matched against a Tandoori-inspired chicken and Bhaji number which was the best thing I had eaten all week. It made me wonder "why don't more places in Manly do this?" - a special night, to introduce me, the loyal customer, to something I haven't tried before. It excited me. It made me curious about what they'll do next. It made me happy.

I love it here. It's my happy place and I fully expect to post another review as soon as I am allowed. Thank you 4 Pines. Thank you.