“Best Manly Harbour Lunch!”
Review of Hugos Manly

Hugos Manly
Ranked #1 of 312 Restaurants in Manly
Price range: USD 15 - USD 29
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do yourself a favour, plan ahead and book a lunch date here!!! This is my 2nd dining experience, and it was even better than my 1st! Your date/friends/family will be in true awe of the beautiful open waterside restaurant situated just a few metres from where you step off from the ferry! Bonus-take a lazy ferry ride here and back! We spied Dave Evans-he so looks like Pete! I highly recommend the tasting plate to share!! We should've had one each then no need for a main. But we also shared the gourmet pumpkin pizza, wow! it was packed with pumpkin! No skimping on flavour here. And huge polenta chips with heady truffle mayo..piping hot n delish. Must try their sexy cocktails like Peach Belinis, gotta love summer. And their Hugo Sauv Blanc is very crisp indeed. Our waitress was awesome, very attentive and personable. Book for a comfy table 'inside, facing Circular Quay if poss' (not on perimeter tables! these are smaller bench type tables/seating, the sun can blare right onto you and you will be too close to the public walking by). Sadly we were too full to fit in dessert, but by all means please try, the menu looked to die for. Then take a stroll to Manly beach. If you go on Saturday like we did you will stumble on Manly Village Public School Market! Then grab a tasty Gelato that they sell here, and people watch at the Beach a few metres down the road. Ahh smell that beach salty air.
Everyone in Sydney has to try this. Hugo's I'll be back! xox

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For a long lunch with the perfect setting Hugo’s in Manly is hard to beat. All the food is delicious and the drinks equally. The view is simply stunning. If you are a pizza lover then you have to try the pizzas at Hugo’s they are amazing. This place is one of my favourite places in Sydney.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I want to love Hugo's more, but can't get past the expensive menu and really limited gluten free options available (yes, I am aware that Italian food generally limiting for GF options, but Hugo's don't have many options, other than a GF pizza).

That being said, their GF pizza base is pretty good and there are a number of good tipping varieties.

One of the down sides to their location if you're seated near the windows is that you're at the mercy of passing pedestrians to not be smoking as they pass by (or hover under the restaurant's awning from the train, in our case).

So in short, go for the views, they're the best part of the dining experience

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very busy, great location on Manly Wharf, excellent service and great food.

The views from the Wharf are spectacular and a great place to be during daylight saving hours in the evening.

Pizza’s are fantastic.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is my 2nd visit to Hugo’s and my 2nd review, the previous one was a 5! Unfortunately not this time. We arrived late afternoon on a Saturday and enquired about an outside table for 4 - there was one available however was told by the rude waiter/maître d/owner (not sure of his role but he did think himself very important) that we could not have that table as we were only 4 and he “needed to seat for capacity” he then asked us “you’re not going to have a 3 or 4 hour dinner are you?” At no time during this exchange did he actually look at us or give eye contact. I replied maybe not a 3 or 4 hour one bit we did want dinner. Anyway we got a decent seat in the end inside but by the edge with a good view of the ferries. Arriving late in the afternoon on a Saturday is like arriving to a Melbourne cup lunch 4 hours late, the place was buzzing with noisy, happy, inebriated patrons. I just wasn’t drunk enough myself to find it that much fun as we couldn’t hear ourselves think but had a bit of entertainment watching them all fall over etc. food was really good great anti pasto and pizzas, couple of lovely cocktails and desserts good too. They got our order wrong but gave us an extra pizza to make up for it. When paying was charged for something we had ordered but had not received. All in all a bit disappointed.