“Hard to beat Hugo’s ”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For a long lunch with the perfect setting Hugo’s in Manly is hard to beat. All the food is delicious and the drinks equally. The view is simply stunning. If you are a pizza lover then you have to try the pizzas at Hugo’s they are amazing. This place is one of my favourite places in Sydney.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I want to love Hugo's more, but can't get past the expensive menu and really limited gluten free options available (yes, I am aware that Italian food generally limiting for GF options, but Hugo's don't have many options, other than a GF pizza).

That being said, their GF pizza base is pretty good and there are a number of good tipping varieties.

One of the down sides to their location if you're seated near the windows is that you're at the mercy of passing pedestrians to not be smoking as they pass by (or hover under the restaurant's awning from the train, in our case).

So in short, go for the views, they're the best part of the dining experience

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Very busy, great location on Manly Wharf, excellent service and great food.

The views from the Wharf are spectacular and a great place to be during daylight saving hours in the evening.

Pizza’s are fantastic.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit to Hugo’s and my 2nd review, the previous one was a 5! Unfortunately not this time. We arrived late afternoon on a Saturday and enquired about an outside table for 4 - there was one available however was told by the rude waiter/maître d/owner (not sure of his role but he did think himself very important) that we could not have that table as we were only 4 and he “needed to seat for capacity” he then asked us “you’re not going to have a 3 or 4 hour dinner are you?” At no time during this exchange did he actually look at us or give eye contact. I replied maybe not a 3 or 4 hour one bit we did want dinner. Anyway we got a decent seat in the end inside but by the edge with a good view of the ferries. Arriving late in the afternoon on a Saturday is like arriving to a Melbourne cup lunch 4 hours late, the place was buzzing with noisy, happy, inebriated patrons. I just wasn’t drunk enough myself to find it that much fun as we couldn’t hear ourselves think but had a bit of entertainment watching them all fall over etc. food was really good great anti pasto and pizzas, couple of lovely cocktails and desserts good too. They got our order wrong but gave us an extra pizza to make up for it. When paying was charged for something we had ordered but had not received. All in all a bit disappointed.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We recently ate here for a business lunch whilst on a work trip and we were all beyond impressed. We had a booking for 14 people and I don’t think any of us had a single complaint.

The location of this restaurant is perfect. Right over the water with the most amazing view. The atmosphere here is fantastic.

As we had a large group, we had a set menu. I was sceptical of the menu at first as I am known to be a fussy eater and a bit plain, but that was soon forgotten when the food arrived! I am not a fish eater at all, but caved in and tried the barramundi and I am so glad I did. The chicken was also perfect. The best part was the calamari in the entree, I have never eaten calamari so fresh and tasty!

The service was great, the staff were prompt and helpful with our drink orders and were very quick to clear away and empty glasses and ask if we would like more.

Overall our lunch here was fantastic and I will be visiting again for sure.