Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
USD 92
USD 92
Agoda.com
USD 82
Expedia.comUSD 92
PricelineUSD 92
eDreamsUSD 92
All reviews staff were friendly room was clean sydney precinct concert event
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

The room has a complete lack of privacy. The curtains don’t meet the wall & the window looks directly into mirrors reflecting the entire room. There were marks on the outside of the window where it appears that someone may have been looking in.
The bathroom window is clear & making you completely visible during you shower. The rooms were dirty & had spiders & cockroaches.
The shower room was tiny & the door can only be opened/closed from the inside if you stand in the shower cubical. There was hair (not mine) on the walls & floor in the bathroom.
I reported this to reception but sorry was the only response. No offer of giving me something to cover the windows or clean the room etc.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
libertyplains, General Manager at Liberty Plains Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Hi Lisa, Truly, I was very disappointed to read your review. I am sorry to learn that we failed to live up to your expectations on this occasion.

I respect your opinion and value all feedback received. Should you wish to discuss your concerns with me directly, please feel free to contact me at any time via manager@liberymotorinn.com.au. I would sincerely appreciate an opportunity to understand more about what we could have done differently.

Wishing you all the very best.
Sincerely, Manager – Liberty Plains Motel

Reviewed 12 February 2020

I booked into the motel on the 31st of January 2020 for one night whilst attending the Sydney/Homebush precinct for an event. The motel whilst old on the outside the room had been refurbished over the years to make the room very comfortable. It was a reasonable price and as it was less than 10 minutes drive from the precinct made it a nice close place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
libertyplains, Manager at Liberty Plains Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I sincerely appreciate your gracious comments regarding your overall perception of our Motel, and I am delighted that you took the advantage of the convenient location Indeed, just a few blocks away from Train Station and shops/dining options etc.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely, Manager – Liberty Plains Motel

Reviewed 8 January 2020

We are a couple staying in Sydney to attend a concert. This was a return visit so obviously satisfied with the Motel. I had booked the accommodation over the phone. Max (the Manager?) has excellent customer service skills and is very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Yes there is traffic noise but what else would you expect in a motel in the city on a busy road?
The Motel is conveniently located for concerts and we would have no hesitation in returning.

Room tip: Rooms 1-12 appear to be older than rooms 14 and above.
Date of stay: January 2020
libertyplains, Managing Director at Liberty Plains Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Hi Tracey

Thank-you very much for taking the time to share your Liberty Plains Motel experience with others.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Motel's facilities/comforts/cleanliness and of course the convenient location near to Sydney Olympic Park and other Sydney iconic locations, we are lucky to be in such a great spot!
I am thrilled the overall service from our team members was well received, Max and the Team are passionate about ensuring our guests enjoy a memorable experience every time and it is always rewarding for them to receive feedback such as yours.

We can't wait to welcome you and your husband back to Liberty Plains Motel on your next trip to Sydney. Until then, wishing you both all the very best for 2020!

Sincerely – Managing Director

Reviewed 12 September 2019 via mobile

Firstly, the beds and pillows - outstandingly comfortable!!!! I always find it difficult to get a good pillow or bed but both is just a bonus!
Convenient location and surprisingly super quiet which I didn’t expect.
Lovely reserve next door and easy walking to cafes etc.
Staff were very friendly and helpful

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
libertyplains, Manager at Liberty Plains Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Thank-you so much for the fantastic summary of “OUTSTANDINGLY COMFORTABLE” we love hearing stories of memorable stays from our guests It was a pleasure having you stay at Liberty Plains Motel and that your first experience of our property has gone beyond your expectations. It is also fantastic to read of your memorable interactions with our friendly team members. They definitely are our greatest asset, your feedback is truly appreciated.
Thank you again for your endorsement to others and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Best wishes from all at Liberty Plains Motel
Sincerely, Max - Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2019

We stayed here after attending a concert in the Olympic Park District, it looked great when we looked at the reviews unfortunately that is not what is offered. I had booked through Agoda and I'd booked a Deluxe Queen Room, which looked lovely on the website photos.
We arrived at the time that I had indicated we would and went to book in, I told the desk clerk who I was and that I'd booked a deluxe queen room, he looked a little puzzled and then took quite some time locating my booking. He then gave me a key and said I was in room 3 and he gave directions to it, I asked if the rooms were soundproofed as the traffic noise was really loud, he informed me that we would not hear the traffic noise in our room. We couldn't park outside our room as other people had beaten us to our allocated parking. Then we entered our room, what a horrible shock this was! The first thing that hits you is that it is painted bright orange, it was like being inside a pumpkin! Where was the subtle colours shown on the website? The second thing is the double bed with one pillow for each guest and instead of the couch and coffee table as shown in the photos two uneven chairs that we discovered were too dangerous to sit in. The traffic may has well been running down the center of the room, it was so loud. The curtains didn't meet so that we had no privacy as people walked past our room constantly. Then there is the bathroom which contained a face washer as a hand towel! There was no vent in the bathroom so you had to open the window which only added to the traffic noise.
I went back to reception and asked the clerk for the Queen room that I had booked not the room I was given. He just shrugged and said that was the room that was allocated to me. I asked to speak to the manager and he again shrugged. I said that if that was the only room then I'd like a refund of the difference between the two rooms. He said he'd speak to his supervisor when he came in later that night, I explained that I would be out so could he please put a note on my room so I could deal with it in the morning. I also asked for two more pillows and an extra towel. Told him the traffic noise was unacceptable and returned to my room.
45 minutes later 2 pillows without pillowcases and a towel were delivered to our room. Surely it is a breach of some health regulation to not have pillowcases?
We returned from the concert hoping to be so tired that the traffic noise wouldn't be a problem, but even if that were the case, the bed was a problem in itself. So uncomfortable and hard. At least if there had been a couch I may have been able to get some rest. But that wasn't to be. As I couldn't sleep, I read through the plastic display folder that was their Guest Services information. Apparently they have a different range of rooms than is shown on their website. So is this now a case of false advertising? Also it constantly tells you to contact Reception by dialling 9, only problem is that there is no phone!
The bathroom facilities were good and the water pressure and temperature were very good. So after getting no sleep, I go to reception to return the key and ask about the refund for the difference in the cost of the room, now this is a different desk clerk than the night before, he says he knows nothing and that the room is paid for. I said I was aware of that and that I didn't get the room that I had paid for. He just shrugged (obviously this is how the staff deal with all inquiries and hope that you will just go away) I asked for the managers name and a phone number I can reach them on. I was given a card and told to call the next day after 11am. I have tried to ring this number several times and gotten no response. So that about sums up the customer service of this motel. They are only interested in taking your money.
On a positive note, the room and bathroom were very clean but that is all that could be said in favour of this motel. I would not recommend this motel to anyone and would strongly suggest avoiding it at all costs!

Date of stay: August 2019
libertyplains, Manager at Liberty Plains Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2019

Hi Wendy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you as it is very clear that there were aspects of your stay that fell well short of both your expectations and the high standards we strive to uphold. I truly understand your disappointment and have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams as I know we can do better.

On the positive notes, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our bathroom facilities and the cleanliness of the room.

I would welcome an opportunity for you to return to Liberty Plains Motor Inn so that we may amend your initial impressions of us to those more positive. If you were to give us this chance, please contact me directly through manager@libertymotorinn.com.au.

Sincerely, Max - Manager