All reviews mini bar quiet room major road three nights per night within easy walking distance bit dated mater hospital comfortable rooms public transport the ground floor stayed here for one night good size express bus would stay again convenient location sydney
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed here for two night on my first visit to Australia. The hotel had been booked by the company I was working for and I arrived early morning after a flight from London. First thing I need to do was make a 'phone call but as the room wasn't yet ready (not unexpected, given the hour) the receptionist connected me using her desk 'phone at no charge. The room was clean and comfortable and I wasn't as perturbed as some reviewers by being on a corridor overlooking the filling station next door. Breakfasts were excellent, freshly prepared and great value. All in all, I felt the welcome from the proprietors and staff was first rate.
Having stayed in Comfort Inns in Europe and the USA, I felt that this one surpassed many others in terms of cleanliness, friendliness, food quality and value. The rating is based on how I felt about this place and how it compares with others in the Comfort Inn franchise. I'd stay again if a similar opportunity arose.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank EbenezerS
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just stayed one night as going to a wedding early the next day. We had 2 rooms, a double and a family room. They were on complete opposite sides of the hotel complex, although we hadnt asked for them to be adjoining, it would have been handy if they were at least in the same part of the hotel.

Good points:

-Clean rooms
-Heater/AC in room which worked
-Mini-bar
-Tea/coffee facilities
-Large, flat screen TV
-Comfortable beds
-Extra pillows in room
-Parking in front of each room
-10mins walk to nearby shops
-Couldnt hear highway noise
-Complementary body wash & shaving foam in bathroom
-on-site restaurant

Bad points:

-Fan in bathroom was so loud, we couldnt hear the TV over it
-Rooms very dated with some new fittings
-Rooms small, but adequate for 1 night
-Very slow check-in and out. Both times due to a computer problem, then a printer jam then something else- very frustrating when in a hurry
-Friends went at 9:15am to have breakfast in the restaurant, to be told breakfast finishes at 9am on a Sunday!!! The restaurant couldnt even give them some toast! Our friends were the groom and groomsmen for the wedding we were attending. They had planned to eat, then dress for the wedding back in their room. Instead, 2 went to a local cafe and the other 2 went to a drive-through. All ended up late for the wedding.

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining if you wants rooms near each other
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Whilst I had no high expectations, I was happy with my stay despite a couple of hiccups...the free wifi for one hour was not used as it broke down after I got the voucher, and the television had to be retuned to get Fox Sports and even so, the quality wasn't so good.
Otherwise, despite the 50's surroundings and no pool, the room itself apart from the initial musty smell, was in good condition with the bed and bedding in good nick with very nice towels in the bathroom. The bar fridge was cold enough, although it could do with a couple of ice trays which appear to have been missing.
Was able to get a lower price on the hotel's website after ringing first for a stand by rate, so that's a tip...and save on booking fees and credit card charges on other booking sites!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Romanticfuzz
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We found the Comfort Inn to be a very welcoming hotel, staffed by a small and enthusiastic team who made us feel welcome. It is not the newest or the biggest in the area, but represented good value for money. The reception staff were responsive and courteous, and the restaurant team were always very friendly. I'll partially agree with some of the other reviewers, in that the cleaning staff could improve their performance. For people unfamiliar with the area, it is true that getting in and out of the hotel by car can be a bit tricky, but this is not really the hotel's fault, given the way the roads have been altered around them in the last few years especially. It would take 5 minutes to walk around the block and understand how best to set out for the city or nearby suburbs - and I'm sure Laurie or his colleagues would be happy to suggest quick ways around the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennispotter
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Should have known from the start this was a dodgey place, when we were checking in we were pressured in to completeing a questionaire about the hotel for small business awards by very pushy staff who would not take no for an answer. Stayed here for four nights with no sheet changes, beds were remade ( straightened) every day. Breakfast was bacon and eggs cooked on a grill that had not had the fish cleaned off from the night before, result, fishy bacon. T.V in my room was missing channels that were available in room next door. Radio was un tuneable.
Bed was comfortable.