All reviewsmini barquiet roommajor roadthree nightsper nightwithin easy walking distancebit datedmater hospitalcomfortable roomspublic transportthe ground floorstayed here for one nightgood sizeexpress buswould stay againconvenient locationsydney
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Just stayed one night as going to a wedding early the next day. We had 2 rooms, a double and a family room. They were on complete opposite sides of the hotel complex, although we hadnt asked for them to be adjoining, it would have been handy if they were at least in the same part of the hotel.

Good points:

-Clean rooms
-Heater/AC in room which worked
-Mini-bar
-Tea/coffee facilities
-Large, flat screen TV
-Comfortable beds
-Extra pillows in room
-Parking in front of each room
-10mins walk to nearby shops
-Couldnt hear highway noise
-Complementary body wash & shaving foam in bathroom
-on-site restaurant

Bad points:

-Fan in bathroom was so loud, we couldnt hear the TV over it
-Rooms very dated with some new fittings
-Rooms small, but adequate for 1 night
-Very slow check-in and out. Both times due to a computer problem, then a printer jam then something else- very frustrating when in a hurry
-Friends went at 9:15am to have breakfast in the restaurant, to be told breakfast finishes at 9am on a Sunday!!! The restaurant couldnt even give them some toast! Our friends were the groom and groomsmen for the wedding we were attending. They had planned to eat, then dress for the wedding back in their room. Instead, 2 went to a local cafe and the other 2 went to a drive-through. All ended up late for the wedding.

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining if you wants rooms near each other
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Whilst I had no high expectations, I was happy with my stay despite a couple of hiccups...the free wifi for one hour was not used as it broke down after I got the voucher, and the television had to be retuned to get Fox Sports and even so, the quality wasn't so good.
Otherwise, despite the 50's surroundings and no pool, the room itself apart from the initial musty smell, was in good condition with the bed and bedding in good nick with very nice towels in the bathroom. The bar fridge was cold enough, although it could do with a couple of ice trays which appear to have been missing.
Was able to get a lower price on the hotel's website after ringing first for a stand by rate, so that's a tip...and save on booking fees and credit card charges on other booking sites!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Romanticfuzz
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We found the Comfort Inn to be a very welcoming hotel, staffed by a small and enthusiastic team who made us feel welcome. It is not the newest or the biggest in the area, but represented good value for money. The reception staff were responsive and courteous, and the restaurant team were always very friendly. I'll partially agree with some of the other reviewers, in that the cleaning staff could improve their performance. For people unfamiliar with the area, it is true that getting in and out of the hotel by car can be a bit tricky, but this is not really the hotel's fault, given the way the roads have been altered around them in the last few years especially. It would take 5 minutes to walk around the block and understand how best to set out for the city or nearby suburbs - and I'm sure Laurie or his colleagues would be happy to suggest quick ways around the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennispotter
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Should have known from the start this was a dodgey place, when we were checking in we were pressured in to completeing a questionaire about the hotel for small business awards by very pushy staff who would not take no for an answer. Stayed here for four nights with no sheet changes, beds were remade ( straightened) every day. Breakfast was bacon and eggs cooked on a grill that had not had the fish cleaned off from the night before, result, fishy bacon. T.V in my room was missing channels that were available in room next door. Radio was un tuneable.
Bed was comfortable.
Staff were friendly

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank CanberraBondo
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Disappointing experience after staying at a similarly priced 4* hotel on the lower north shore some days ago. This hotel is VERY dated. Upon opening the front door of my room, a stale smell almost knocked me out (imagine old wet carpet with the possible waft of old cat spray). The entire hotel complex is in desperate need of an entire overhaul. It should be noted however, that the staff are very friendly and helpful. Free internet access was the main reason I chose this property, as I required it for work (although the broadband access is not what I would call highspeed). Every 6 hours I had to renew my username and password with reception. The toileteries in the bathroom are the dispenser type. The on site restaurant is very basic with simple/boring food - extremely over priced. There is a guest laundry that is open from 7am-10pm that I did not use, but would be useful if I had stayed longer. The are 6 Foxtel channels included in the tariff. In all, I would not stay at this property again, not recommend it to others. My clothes still smelt of the hotel room when I returned home.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business