“Birthday at the best Japanese restaurant in Sydney ”

Umii Modern Izakaya
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Drummoyne
Price range: USD 11 - USD 64
Description: Join us at Umii Modern Izakaya where you will be introduced to Drummoyne's first Modern take on Izakaya, a traditional Japanese drinking establishment which also highlights the finest flavours of Japanese cuisine. We offer an assortment of fresh sushi, sashimi, hot dishes as well as meat and seafood prepared over charcoal. All of our dishes are inspired and prepared to encompass traditional Japanese flavour and spirit. Umii Modern Izakaya is a fully licensed establishment which offers a variety of Japanese-inspired cocktails, as well as an assortment of local Australian wines and beers.
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I went to Umii for my birthday. I had a wonderful experience! Our host was excellent, absolutely made our night!
He gave us some complimentary jelly peach drinks ! Yum!
The food! Omg amazing! We had the following
- fresh ocean on spoons
- umii lobster tail
-carpaccio
-assorted sushimi
-spider roll
- vegetarian fried rice
-gyoza
Staff was attentive and made recommendations on dishes to try, also surprising me with a dessert ice cream towards the end of the night! Fantastic customer service!!
I know I will definitely be recommending this to all my friends ! Can't wait to dine there again!

2  Thank May_hem22

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Giving 5 stars to Umii after a surprising visit which impressed myself and colleagues. Didnt think much but would no doubt visit again.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Second visit and not disappointed. The plane only gets better in time. Special thanks to all the staff for the best service and good it is exceptional.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Deserves its place on TA.. One of the best Japanese restaurants in Sydney..

Service was first class. George was so helpful and ensured our GF allergy were taken care of. Food was delicious. So fresh and flavorsome.

Will definitely return to try more options

Reviewed 11 April 2017

went to this restaurant to celebrate my wedding anniversary tonight. The restaurant was very nice decorated, staff was friendly and professional! We have ordered -
- popcorn prawns and it was very crisp and the sauce is so tasty
- tempura calamari with ink sauce, it was cooked really well, calamari didn't over cooked
- sashimi snapper with truffle oil, snapper was fresh and smell nice
- ocean spoon - one of their signature dish and highly recommended!
- blue cod cooked with special miso sauce - our favourite for the night! fish cooked perfect and the miso sauce is not too salty, well done!!

And just before we asked for the bill, they gave us 2 glasses of sake jelly drink for free as our gift. Thank you so much George and will come again for sure :)