“Price of wine is over the top”
Review of Garfish

Garfish
Ranked #7 of 131 Restaurants in Crows Nest
Price range: AU$38 - AU$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our focus is on serving the freshest fish available at a reasonable price for the ultimate seafood dining experience. Free parking (2 hrs Mon - Sat and all day Sun) is available in the council car park 50 metres from our Crows Nest restaurant.
Reviewed 23 March 2024 via mobile

Garfish at Crows Nest is one of our favourites and has been for many years. Food and service is great.
However I find the price of wine has become excessive. We had a bottle of Chardonnay which cost $95. On checking bottle shop prices for the same wine and vintage, I find the average price to be $22. A mark up of 330% is really excessive.

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 15 January 2024

Let me preface this by saying that I nothing but good experiences with Garfish to date..until last Sat night. Dinner for 6, despite booking table not ready, entrees (6, all the same) arrived 50mins later (no explanition)..for 3 of us. The other 3 - again, same food - well, they arrived 15mins after the first 3, claimed kitchen staff lost ordering ticket (WTF??)
Mains arrived, blend as. One (salmon) - due to severe undercooking (and my wife likes sashimi :-) could not be eaten. Salads were wet and dull. A disater, possibly due being overwhelmed by Sat night crowd. Irrespective - not a good experience.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 20 May 2023 via mobile

I think I was lucky to get in as a walk up on a Saturday night. It is a busy place, so plan on booking. Service was very helpful and friendly. I had the grilled octopus with green olives to start. This worked well with a nice BBQ flavour complemented by the olives. The main was one of the market fish. It was excellent with a really nice mash. The dessert of sticky date pudding was also very good as a more winter choice. Overall I was very happy and would strongly recommend this place if you like fish. There are other options but if you like fish this place is well worth a detour.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 7 February 2023

Could NOT recommend this restaurant highly enough. Food is delectable, service efficient and delightful and the whole dining experience was brilliant. My daughter and I will be going back to Garfish for all of our ceremonial occasions.

Date of visit: March 2022
Garfish Crows Nest, General Manager at Garfish, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2023

Thank you so much Barbara - wonderful feedback to receive. And we can't wait for you to come back! Hope to see you and your daughter soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2023 via mobile

We have returned to this restaurant many times over the years; it never disappoints. The fish on offer is varied and beautifully cooked. My favourite this time was the prawn tacos, a generous appetiser with the best selection of flavours to delight the palette. It was also Morton Bay Bug season, not to be missed, never seen in Europe to the best of my knowledge, a real treat.

Date of visit: February 2023
Garfish Crows Nest, General Manager at Garfish, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2023

Thank you so - really appreciate the feedback and can't wait to have you back.