“Having our wedding here so wanted to check it out”

Long Reef Golf club
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

my fiancé and I went to check out the venue and sample the food.
We had heard only good reports but wanted to see for ourselves.
It was a Friday afternoon , the sun was brilliant, the view amazing and the staff very friendly. $10 burgers started from 6 so we decided to wait the extra 30mins and it was well worth it. We tried the beef and chicken burgers, they were both great. Unfortunately the Veggie burger wasn't in the special list (which was disappointing) as my fiancé is a vego. Apart from that, a great place to chill, enjoy the view , have a cold one and a bite to eat

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This place has so much potential. The view is great, the area is great the atmosphere was great except the management is terrible. Rubbish all over the ground that you can see blowing off premises into the ocean, staff very casual and it really caring. Tables with no seats on them and seats with no tables. It did not seem to well managed by the sorry state of the guest area. Pretty sad that I am not looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Getoffthefrigencouch
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Had an amazing lunch here with my wife, in-laws and kids. Beautiful views by the beach and lovely food.

We enjoyed a few drinks on the terrace over lunch and was very family friendly. Will certainly be visiting more often.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We booked here as a holiday dinner outing for our family as it looked like an amazing spot. While it was a great location and the service was fine, the choice of food and the actual food itself was terrible and somewhat confusing.

Firstly, the menu was very basic and deep fried, although you couldn't even get a nice steak. Secondly, I had the chilli prawn pasta which was the most tasteless thing I have ever eaten, the pasta was cooked so weirdly, my sister had the vegetarian and it was the same, it actually tasted yuck unfortunately.
The most comical bit, My husband and brother in law had these pork and fish tacos which came presented with the taco folded in half with the ingredients on top and sauce drizzled over both sides so to then make your taco to eat it was a complete mess?? Very odd. I've attached a picture of the fish tacos.

Anyway, I just really believe this could be a wonderful place if they just revamped the menu and maybe tasted it themselves before serving it.

2  Thank Lizardq
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner attended a wedding here a few months back and loved it! So we thought we should come back and try the cafe and we are so pleased we did! A great way to kick back and take in the epic view with great service, welcoming staff and reasonable prices. We created a sort of tapas out of the menu and kicked back with beers in the sun.
Will be back for sure!