“Great Beachfront Location and Classic Charm”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The rooms at this hotel are incredible! Spacious with a king bed by the window, separate sitting area with french doors separating it from the bedroom, a lovely bar area with sink, micro, fridge and safe but unfortunately no coffee maker. Beautiful crown molding throughout and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The room was immaculate with crisp linens and perfect towels. Checking in and out was a breeze and the staff extremely warm and friendly.
Great lobby and the pool area was very large and the pool was 6 feet deep at one end something you don't see too often. The beach was fabulous and right by the fishing pier. Great location on Collins Avenue. The hotel is older so there are some signs of wear and tear but a ton of charm.
Our only complaint was the breakfast room. And the tables and chairs here were very run down.I love to have breakfast at the hotel I am staying in but we only had one breakfast out of six that we didn't complain about. Cold potatoes. slimy eggs, toast cooked on one side only and No Service but an automatic 18% gratuity. After our 1st breakfast the next day I mentioned that I would like my potatoes hot and every morning I asked again but only one day did we have hot potatoes. The last morning our waitress came over after we had finished and not looking at the plate of barely eaten food asked how was our meal and I said terrible. When she asked why I didn't tell her I said that she never came back to the table. She did say that she would tell her supervisor but we were charged for the meal anyway. Only once did the wait stuff come back to the table after we had started eating to check on the quality of our breakfast or to see if we needed cream or ketchup. We always had to flag down a server to ask for the bill and considering that most people went for the buffet and they were not understaffed I could not believe how poor the service was. If the restaurant adds an 18% gratuity for service then you don't get service I think that the management should train their staff on the basics of good service.

Stayed: November 2017
RobertDuffy317, Manager at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

HI Maureem,
Thank you, the excellent review of our hotel. We strive to make sure we provide the best guest experience. Your comments will be shared with our management team.
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,598)

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The place is outdated. Only 1 clerk to check in. No manager. Hallways reek of pot. Fees galore. Security fee when they charge you at check in, but refund 3 to 5 business days later. Open duct work in hallways. Occupied rooms assign as unoccupied rooms. Furniture has stains. This is not a resort. Mattress is hard. Square, small, and flat pillows. Drawers do not close. 2 out of 3 elevators working. Do not stay here. Go somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank john s

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to make sure we provide the best guest
experience. Your comments will be shared with our management team.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

In Miami Beach this is a old hotel they don’t take care of this facility need to be clean and outdated staff are nice but the room is old need new window new furniture they from 1980 parking is $20 per day self parking I am not coming back to this hotel. Airbnb has better price and clean apartment.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
RobertDuffy317, Manager at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

HI Andy,
experience. Your comments will be shared with our management team.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel lobby looks fine, the lobby bar had a lot of flies around it ... service is ok, the hotel itself is very dirty , the carpet on the corridors is filthy !!! Initially we had a older room , we could not even stay in it for 2 seconds that's how bad it was, we got another room , little better , nice view of the ocean but poorly decorated , cheap tile in the bathroom falling apart . Staff was nice but ownership of the hotel better step up with renovations . If you get a deal from Groupon for like $50 a night then fine but otherwise do not waste your money !!!

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Margot H

I'm very sorry for our lapses in service during your stay; we clearly experienced some breakdowns in communication. Additionally, I regret that our accommodations left you underwhelmed and that you did not find us to be a good value. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on to improve our guest experience. Thank you for staying with us and for your time in reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Went there to celebrate my birthday & a friend sent me a bottle of champagne as a surprise. It is hotel policy that if you have something delivered to the hotel, you go to the desk to check on it, so they say. It was a surprise, so I had no idea that I had a package. After my trip my friend asked if I received my bottle. Nope & wasn't even notified that I had a package delivered or that I needed to pick it up. Called the hotel to complain & they pretty much said that isn't their policy to deliver packages to rooms or notify you have a package. Well then if that is the case, then you shouldn't be allowed to sign for a package if you are not going to notify the guests that something has arrived. When I called them about it, they at least said they found the champagne and someone didn't go and enjoy my bottle. With that incident and the hotel in need of a serious remodel, not sure I would go there again. The bottle of champagne was at least returned to the company that delivered it and a refund was given to my friend. Tried to file a complaint & I got one phone call and I called him back, but has he called me back again, NOPE. The pictures online make the hotel look beautiful, which is not what it is in real life.

Room Tip: Opted to get ocean view and our door to the tiny balcony was broken. Just not worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends