My mom and I stayed in the hotel in February 2012. Hotel is about 20 mins from Ft. Lauderdale airport
Prior to arrival, I was able to talk to concierge, reservations regarding all my requests, such as fragrance free toiletries, stools for showers, etc...
I booked ocean view 1 bedroom suite. However, when we arrived they put us in a 6 floor regular room facing the city. It took me couple of minutes to realize we were in a wrong room. I called up front desk and it looked like they already realized their mistake by then. They were very apologetic and upgrades us to a deluxe 1 bedroom suite which was ready in about 30 mins. They also sent us some food as their apology. I think the difference between regular 1 bedroom and deluxe 1 bedroom is higher floors.
The view was great! The room HUGE! Very large kitchen with all needed appliances. They had pots and pans but no baking dishes for the oven. When I called up to see if they had one, they said they would need to buy it. So, that was weird. Huge bathroom and very large balcony. It was one of the largest hotel rooms I have been in.
Room service was good. I had some dietery restrictions and it took a little bit of figuring out, but they were able to accomodate me. They even had gluten free pasta. You can also order from Il Mulino menu, so we did that without going to the restaurant. Mom went to Publix supermarket which is about 5-10 mins walking distance from the hotel.
There were couple of TVs in the room with an awesome digital system for ordering movies. There were a lot of choices, it was awesome!
A/C stopped working at one point, but they were able to fix it up in no time.
We went to spa one time for some massages. It is very big and has their own small pool and patio to sit outside, which is nice. Massages were very good. The indoor relaxation area was quite big with nice lounge chairs, snacks and tea. However, no bottled water? Bizarre...They had those large water containers with lemon/lime and ice, but i just wanted bottled water which they said no to. One very good thing about the spa: all their products are natural without chemicals, which was very refreshing. I have sensitivity to perfumes, so it was very nice for me not to get a headache in the spa. Spa also had a very nice sauna and steam room with some cold showers.
Mom and I went to Bel Harbour shops using the house car. It's about 15 mins away and has a lot of nice boutiques.
There are 3 pools in the hotel. There weren't that many guests, so we had a lot of choices where to sit. They play only occasional music at the pools, but i would prefer that no music is played. Every person has an ipod now. And i would like to relax and read my book if i don't want to listen to music. No reason to force it on you, but i guess all hotels do it. I was just thankful they played it once in a while, so i used my earplugs only then.
There is a restaurant by the beach/pool. There are also nice seating area on the grass by the beach if you want to have a view of the water without being in the sand.
So apart from couple of snafus the trip was very good and I will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Booking.com so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Sunny Isles Beach, Florida