Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 252
USD 138
USD 102
  • Pool
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 197
  • Beachfront
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 229
Official Site
USD 181
USD 509
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Great Miami Vacations(Sunny Isles Beach)
Travelocity
All reviewsrooftop poolamenity feecollins aveacross the streetbreakfast includedhotel is locatedfloor to ceiling windowsocean viewsunny islesnice hotelfront deskbed was very comfortableroom rateeasy accessvalet parking isother guestswalking distance
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Beautiful and clean room. Full kitchenette for longer stay. Awesome location, practically off the sunny isle beach in Miami, on the famous Collins Ave. Prices not too ridiculous high. Bar/restaurant ok, and pretty decent pool area. My only real grievance was the parking situation, in which case it is mandatory valet, starting at $26 a day. With discount for more days stay, but still a bit high in my opinion. Otherwise, very descent hotel for your Miami visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Pierre P
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Pierre,

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. We are glad to know you had a wonderful stay with us at Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach and loved all the aspects of our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from March 20th through March 25th. The location is good - right across the street from Aqualina on A1A and a walk across the street will bring you to the beach.

The front desk doesn't tell you how you can access the beach, or where you can rent chairs. When we asked if we could rent chairs somewhere, we were told, "They're crazy, man, they want like 200 dollars for chairs!" We ended up buying chairs at WalMart and bringing them to the beach every day. Another family staying at the hotel actually approached us on the beach and said they recognized us from the hotel and wanted to know where we got the chairs. I guess they too weren't given any answers by the front desk.

The really bad:
We checked in to the hotel at about 11 P.M. and were assigned to room 611. I went to take a shower after traveling all day, only to find that the shower had not been cleaned. There were tiny hairs and what appeared to be a toenail cliipping in the corner of the shower. I ended up wearing my flip flops in the shower and avoided that corner of the shower.

The next morning I left housekeeping a note in our room asking them to please clean the shower as it had hair in it and hadn't been cleaned prior to our check-in. I also left a tip (MONEY) with the note. Additionally, there was a fabric covered bench at the end of the bed which had what appeared to be chocolate stains all over the top. How a housekeeper could have MISSED this, is impossible. I left a note right on top of the bench saying "Please also clean this."

We returned to our room later to find the bench cleaned, the money gone, and the shower STILL with the hair and the nail in the corner. Unbelievable, really.

While we were coming back to our room, we had seen the housekeeper, Carmen. We were afraid to say anything to the front desk because of possible repercussions if she found out. That's all I will say about her appearance.

Finally, every towel in our bathroom every day had a long dark curly hair on it. I don't know how this is possible. It has to be from someone who folds the towels or the housekeeper. It was literally the same type of hair every single time. The towels were definitely cleaned, but would contain this one piece of hair stuck on to it. I'd have to pull it out and then use the towel. How gross is this?

My husband and I were disgusted with the cleanliness and I wore my flip-flops in the shower every day. This is NOT how I wanted to spend my vacation in Miami.

This hotel is very poorly run and there seems to be no senior authority. If we had complained, I believe that nothing would have been done. I'm curious to see if management even reads the reviews online. I will also be writing a letter to the CEO of Marriott about our stay.

You can see my other reviews I've given on here. This is the worst I've given. When you stay at a hotel, you want two things from it: (1) To be CLEAN and (2) to be SAFE.

This hotel room was filthy. Housekeeping needs a total overhaul. If our room had been cleaned and there wasn't hair on the towels, we would definitely have returned back. Nice pool, decent breakfast, and close to the beach. Like I said though, room cleanliness is top priority and that's where this hotel fails.

Room Tip: Make sure it's CLEAN
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stefashion
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Stefashion,

I appreciate you staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. Our destination amenity offerings do include two beach chairs and shuttle transportation to the beach, and I’m sorry to learn you were not provided this information. Moreover, I was disappointed to learn of the cleanliness difficulties you experienced. This is uncharacteristic of the relaxing experience we strive to provide all our guests, and I will share this feedback with our housekeeping team to ensure this was an isolated incident that is corrected moving forward. Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit to the area.

Best regards,

Wade Stonesifer
Assistant General Manager | Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
305.933.5224 | wade.stonesifer@marriott.com

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night and the hotel is very new. Everything was very clean and fresh. The staff was very friendly. I love that breakfast is included and offered a very good selection. The pool was very pretty and the beach option was great.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear livinginlondon1344,

Our thanks for reviewing your overnight stay at Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach. It’s a pleasure knowing you had an amazing time with us and our amenities and facilities exceeded your expectations. I will surely share your compliments with my chef for the delicious breakfast. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

New hotel, but still has a few bugs. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. In particular, thanks to Michelann for her help at the front desk printing our boarding passes, etc.

Décor is very modern and minimalist, but a little "cold". Breakfast was a level above what I normally find at Marriotts. Also the menu/food for snacks, lunch and dinner at the pool is actually pretty good.

The pool is nice, but small and can get crowded when the weather is nice. Access to the beach is across a busy street, but not hard to cross at the crosswalks. A restaurant next door, Juice and Java, is great. There are also several other restaurants within walking distance that are quite good, although they all look like new strip malls?? What a design disappointment for the whole area - with all the very expensive housing around.

The kitchenette was well furnished with utensils, plates, etc. There is no business center yet to print out boarding passes, etc., but they were able to help at the front desk.

Be known there is a $20 daily amenity charge, although we got lounge chairs at the beach across the street and down a block that I assume are a part of the fee, along with the pool, etc.

Room Tip: The ocean view from across the street isn't that great, save your money.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Peter C,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach. We are glad to know our location worked well for you and that you were impressed with the service provided by our associates, especially with Michelann. We hope to see you again so we can create an even better impression on your next trip.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

An amazing clean new property. We enjoyed our stay and will be back! The entire hotel and all the staff were excellent. Thank you Leo at the front desk for making our first stay in Miami memorable!!!!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Amanda B
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Sunny Isles Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your delightful review of our hotel. It is a pleasure to read you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel. I will share your compliments with the entire staff, especially with Leo, for doing amazing service. On behalf of everyone here at Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach, we invite you to stay with us again.