“Great location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunny Isles Beach
Travel Lodge Monaco Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Great spot, beach front, pretty affordable due to its location. You don't have to pass by any lobby to access the beach.
I´ve been there some times, rooms equiped with kitchen are great, others just ok. Though WiFi was terrible I would go back.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2015

Sometimes I don't really believe reviews that just completely trash a hotel or motel. But in this case, BELIEVE IT. Read and believe all of the negative reviews about this horrible dump of a motel.

Our room had no climate controls. You are at the mercy of the motel management for your climate control.

Our room had a toilet that didn't flush properly, hot water that went from scorching to luke warm and no microwave. There was no luggage cart and our room on the second floor had only stairs -- no elevator that we could find.

There is inadequate parking so they have you block people in and leave your car keys at the front desk so it can be moved by motel personnel. And for the privilege of parking there, you are billed $12 a night for parking!

To top it off, this beachfront motel has practically no access to the beach! The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on in adjacent rooms. No wifi either.

The place is old and, we figure, poorly maintained because it's going to be a knocker-downer for somebody who comes in and buys the place to build a high-rise there.

The only good thing I can say about this establishment is that the pool looked nice. But we didn't use it. No hot tub.

Finally, when we checked out, we were billed an additional $12 for a "resort fee!" Talk about a joke! They should have paid me a "dump fee" to stay there.

Don't waste your money on this place. It's the worst money I've ever paid for lodging -- nearly $160 when the parking, "resort fee" and taxes were tacked on to the basic room rate.

Room Tip: There isn't a good room in this place.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel does not comply with the name 'resort' as the breakfast is not even included. Probably because there is a pizzeria in the lobby where one can also order breakfast.

The place is in desperate need of repairs as in several places construction support beams are placed and there are many leaks of the gutters. There is a small pool en also some beach. nobody seems to make use of this however. We didn't as there are many other sights to see and things to do while in Miami.

In the lot next door heavy construction for a new highrise hotel is being done. This bothers you only if you like to sleep in.

The room itself was a good size with double beds. \service was ok, but the occasional hair could be fund in sink or bath afterwards

Location was pretty good on the top of Miami Beach and ok in terms of price. One wonders why the owner does not tear the place down for building a neat high rise hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room not located where construciton is going on next door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WouterF
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This hotel is in desperate need of a makeover,or a bulldozer. Broken railings on the balcony,A/C that doesnt work,altho they guy at the front said it was just fixed that day,broken ice machine,with no sign.The ONLY good thing I will say about the room,was the view and the fact that it is right on the beach.We had planned to stay 3 nights, after travelling 2500 miles, but between the mold in the bathtub caulking ,watching the grounds keeper feed a large pack of gulls when people are laying out there,to everything else, one night was enough.. For a few bucks more there are way better places on the beach

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish W
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Where to start... A/c not adjustable so the room was hot; bathtub bottom had a huge bubble so it was dangerous to shower; the water from the toilet tank did not work properly so we had to wait 30 minutes to flush it, i asked front desk to fix it and they said the maintenance guy left for the day @ 7p and we needed to wait til nxt morning or switch to a "hot" room since not all of them have ac, and they never came to fix it; we never got the extra towels we needed, i stayed with my 3 kids and there were only 2 per room; parking spaces are limited but u still need to pay $8 for it. The only night i stayed we came late and found no spaces, the "attendant" saw me going around bk and forth while he was txting. When i finally park on the side and came inside with my kids half asleep and bags of shopping he decides to tell me that i could park on the restaurant spot. The nxt morning my son had a terrible nose bleed and i had to rush him to the ER and they could not move the car behind me fast enough, yelling at me to take it easy! I paid $10 resort fee since i booked my room with my wyndham points, they said it covered the beach chairs and towels. I never found the person im charged so we had to use the only 2 towels from the room, the chairs where all chained up so we could not take any. Bkfst was only 2 free per room, they made a big deal to go the xtra mile and give me 4 free tkts to find out it was only coffee, orange juice a 2 pieces of toast. Even the butter and cream cheese was only 1 per person. Room was dirty, it looked like they painted over nasty walls just to make it look better. And last, everytime i walked in there was this guy asking me if i had a room and demanding a room number, i guess to make sure we were not using their precious parking spaces. I never read the reviews from this place, i just thought location was great for the points i was using, i beg of you, do not stay here! We saw the beautiful buildings around and wished we spent the money choosing a better place.

• Stayed: July 2012