“Fabulous quirky place”

Bay Tree Tea Room/Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Welshpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bay Tree is a unique friendly and welcoming restaurant/tea room with an array of vintage memorabilia
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visit this wonderful cafe/ restaurant on a regular basis as not only are they totally dog friendly but they also serve the most amazing food and luscious home made cakes. I have read a review on here which I think is totally incorrect stating that the food is not good. I have no idea which cafe he was visiting but I'm pretty certain it was not the bay tree as we have never had a bad meal in all the time we have been coming here. The staff are friendly and welcoming and on Weds, Thurs, Frid and Sat they are open late and serve the most amazing cocktails. Come and visit and make up your own minds, you won't be disappointed

6  Thank thepikeman

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Called in this morning for breakfast ,and I must say it was really good , the food was hot and well laid out on the plate not thrown on like some places, the staff were really polite and helpful even though it was quite busy ,I will definitely be calling back but next time for a evening meal what I have heard are excellent and to finish looking at the decorations what are really good and a credit to the owners .

1  Thank stephen g
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Nice little bank holiday treat
Breakfast with the family .
Food lovely all hot and fresh
Lovely atmosphere. Staff are great
Little gem this place xx

1  Thank Kerie P
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly this is a lovely place to eat and the food cannot be faulted. The atmosphere is great and a little quirky..

Myself and family were concerned when staff did not wash their hands after stroking dogs and went straight into handling food! That was a real shame! The only other point I’d like to make is that dogs should be on the floor not allowed onto seats where paying customers sit.

As a dog lover myself it’s always nice to be allowed to take your dog into a cafe but the above two points were alarming for us.

I can not fault anything else.

Vintagetimes3, Owner at Bay Tree Tea Room/Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review, firstly if a member of staff did come into contact with any customers dog they would wash there hands in one of the three staff hand wash basins in and around the cafe, as these are located in several rooms I find it disappointing that if you saw a member of staff stroke a dog during a visit as some of the hand wash sinks are located at the back of the shop, I can assure you they would of washed there hands with antibacterial hand wash and gel as supplied, also dogs visiting the cafe do sit on the floor away from any food areas but we do have a mini chihuahua that visits with her owner most days and they bring a blanket with them and the dog sits on there lap not on the chairs, our chairs and tables are wiped after every visitor with antibacterial spray and at the end of each day the establishment is cleaned thoroughly from top to toe with antibacterial cleaner, we pride ourselves on cleanliness and food handling to the highest level and most of our staff wear blue plastic gloves to serve any foud to avoid contamination, we are glad you liked your food and your visit, and hope you can see by the cleanliness of the cafe how we stick to our clean regime, if you could kindly pop in sometime and let us know which staff member you think you saw petting a dog without washing there hands in one of the many hand wash sinks the matter will be addressed

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. The cakes are a treat for the stomach and the eyes! The coffee and tea is fantastic, served in quirky little pots and cups. The choice is huge. The chairs (including a waltzer in the corner!) are comfortable and fit right in with the unusual decor. The staff are very friendly and attentive. It’s great to go in with friends, family or on your own to listen to hits from a bygone, innocent era. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Ceri J