We had a week's stay at Tan Y Coed at the end of May and it won't be the last. It is exactly as described by James and as shown in the pictures.
Firstly - the Special Highlights :
1. We had mixed weather but the protected outside decking meant we could still sit out and enjoy the view while being sheltered from the rain. We could have sat doing that all week if we had needed to and not got bored. It is a fabulous view.
2. The view from the lounge area and the decking is brilliant - there is a Heronry directly across from the cabin and it was lovely to see these big birds flying up into the trees. Also viewed bats, sheep with their lambs and a variety of small and not so small birds including a black pheasant
3. The beds and bedding were just out of this world. Most comfortable beds I have slept in for a long time. We used the single beds but the King (5 foot) bed in the main bedroom looked just as comfortable
1. There were lots of little touches which James has thought about to ensure a comfortable stay e.g. there were rugs to wrap round you if you were cold sitting on the decking; tealights for the candle holders; heated towel rails in the bathroom and master bedroom; the wood burning stove was set up and ready for us to go and there were firelighters and plenty of wood to burn if we had wanted to use it. (Sadly we really didn't have the excuse to light it).
2. Considering the compactness of the cabin we were amazed at how much storage space there is with fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms and lots of places to lay things on
3. The cabin is well placed for going out and about with lots of attractions within 30 minutes drive. Machynlleth the main town is only a 5 minute drive away and a couple of minutes will take you down to the nearby hotel and restaurant
Tips and other comments:
1. There is no electric shaving point in the bathroom, so if you use one make sure you take a two pin adapter to put into one of the other sockets in the cabin - there were loads and loads of electric sockets throughout the cabin.
2. There is a very high single step up from the ground to the front door. I have slight Arthritis in both my knees and I managed but it was a bit awkward. If you have difficulty in steps you might want to take a step stool or something to make it less of a climb!
3. Due to the fact that a lot of things were placed at floor level or at toddler sort of height I personally would say this cabin is more suitable for adults and older children (over 5).
5. James is very keen that you have a really comfortable stay here. Please don't hesitate to contact him if you have any problems at all while you are there. We arrived to discover the iron had gone walk-about but we had a replacement within a couple of hours and James was most apologetic, even although it wasn't his fault!
We had a fabulous, cosy stay here and we will be definitely be back. Highly recommend
We stayed in the cabin for the last 3 days of our holiday and it was just perfect, the views from the deck are so beautiful and you feel totally secluded from the world. We used the fire on the first night but it was too warm as we were so lucky with the weather. The beds and the corner sofa are so comfy, it's like a little piece of heaven. We will definitely be back, maybe in winter next time to make use of the cosy front room and beds!! The town is in easy walking distance with a few nice pubs and restaurants, and James has spent time making a list of recommendations and highlights. We really didn't want to leave, I actually had a tear in my eye as we drove away.
Perfect for couples and small families too. All in all the best holiday rental we've stayed in, and that's quite a few!!
This log cabin really has it all. Wood burner with plenty of logs, comfy beds, great shower and very well equipped kitchen. It has the most amazing view from inside or whilst sitting on the private balcony. It is very close to Machynlleth, which is a wonderful town at the southern tip of Snowdonia. Nearby attractions include climbing Cadair Idris (or some of it), great beaches (Borth, Twywn, Ynyslas sand dunes) and friendly, local shops in Machynlleth itself.
I will return to stay here again soon!
This is a right little gem and we will be going back because of all the effort James has put into making Tan Y Coed really special. Everything works properly, everything looks lovely and the place has a general air of quality about it. This is not just some thrown together holiday place full of old junk, this is a very well created retreat. With it's excellent wood burner and generous supply of logs, this is somewhere to relax, to read, to watch the stars and to sleep very comfortably with the peace a quiet all around. Machynlleth just down the road, plenty of bird life and local walks to be had, James's cabin is somewhere to retreat to at night and lock the world out. Thank you James for seemingly putting such a lot into this cabin, we will be back!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with pets|