“Impromptu lunch followed by planned dinner.”
Review of Arthur's

Arthur's
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Laugharne
Price range: USD 3 - USD 13
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On Easter Monday, my husband and I along with our 5 month old daughter called in for a late lunch on a whim. The welcome, service and food were spot on. We enjoyed our visit so much, we booked in for our evening meal on 5 April , before heading home the next day.
We called ahead to book on the 4th and were accommodated short notice, taking into account we wanted an early dinner.
The food we had (bruschetta and chicken wings to start, pizza and steak for main, ice cream and mocha mousse to finish), was delicious. We ate every scrap! The waiters were attentive without being intrusive.
We would both recommend this restaurant without hesitation, and will certainly revisit next time we are in Laugharne.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank 1981MissM
Nicola L, Owner at Arthur's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visits to Arthur's. Hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future. Best Wishes from us all at Arthur's

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I must first start by stating that although I have been a member of trip advisor for 6 years, I have only written 4 reviews! It’s only when I feel that I really must write something that I comment!

From start to finish, our experience at Arthur’s was outstanding. A wonderfully warm welcome from the staff made us feel right at home, and this included lots of fuss for our golden retriever. A lovely warm atmosphere in this busy little restaurant was matched with a great selection of food and drink. My husband and I opted for pate and mushroom crostini to start, which were both exceptional. We followed with the homemade Italian burgers, which were full of flavour and incredibly juicy. My husband said he thought it was the best burger he’d ever had - a high accolade from an American who chooses burgers wherever we go! We ended with the chefs special cheesecake (ginger and lemon crumble) and a chocolate fudge cake and could not have been happier.

If you want a friendly, welcoming establishment with really exceptional food at a very reasonable price, then look no further than Arthur’s. It’s a real treat to find somewhere with such a high quality of both food and service that allow dogs in, it makes a change from pub food and really was a highlight of our holiday down to the region. Thanks all at Arthur’s, if we’re ever back down here we’ll be sure to stop by again!

Date of visit: April 2018
Nicola L, Owner at Arthur's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you Katie for your lovely review, we were all really happy to read this this morning.. So pleased you enjoyed your visit to us at the end of your holiday.. Hope you enjoyed West Wales. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Best wishes from us all here at Arthur's

Reviewed 2 April 2018

2nd time eating here, both time on a Saturday night. Friendly staff, good menu, catering for various diets, limited drinks selection. Our only criticism is the heating was switched off about 9pm before we had finished our meal, which meant dessert was eaten with our coats on & in a slight hurry. I appreciate the staff want to get away at the end of service but you're not going to sit after the meal having a nightcap in view of the limited variety of drinks available. For the sake of keeping the heating on for another half hour we would have enjoyed our evening more.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Most people know of Laugharne and why it is worth visiting but now there is another to stop off.

Arthur’s is in the square in view of the castle and a short walk to the shoreline. Parking was easy and the welcome truly warm and friendly.

Breakfast, lunch or dinner the menus are appetising and varied. The coffee is great, certainly a good boost for me mid morning.
I loved it and I hope you will too!

Date of visit: March 2018
arthursbistro, Owner at Arthur's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for your very lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed your visit to us.. please pop in and see us again soon ☺

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

4 if us went for a meal here last night and it didn’t disappoint. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel so welcome. The food was delicious, I went for risotto, my friends had lamb shank,salmon and the tarragon chicken, all of which was fantastic. I was too full for dessert but I did try my friends tiramisu which was lovely. We will definitely visit again , great food and great service