“Wonderful Birthday Meal”

Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Laugharne
Description: Fr
Description: Fr
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Looking for a place near Laugharne to celebrate a family member's birthday we were recommended this hotel and restaurant. What a wonderful meal we had! Fresh, local produce well presented. Nothing pretentious just really good food, well presented, good portion size served by a team who were always willing to help and were very friendly. We will certainly go back and would strongly recommend as a place for dinner if in the area.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Phoned and booked a table - when we arrived they had no knowledge of the booking.
The service was not great - they weren’t busy only one other table.
The food was very disappointing- one of us had pulled lamb as a starter - it was like the outside of a lamb joint from 3 days ago - very dry and tasteless.
The chicken arrived in a pond of purple sauce, the steaks were very gristly- although they were cooked well, and the goats cheese and squash salad was awful. Then just to cap it off we were served gin and tonic in a plastic glass!!! Def would not return or recommend. The only reason we didn’t complain was because we had a voucher.

1  Thank 5aund3r5
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We were very impressed by the breakfasts... and the way we were looked after.... possibly a little amateurish but so original

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We sat down and ordered out meal at 6.50. At 7.15 I went and asked where my soup was. It came eventually. We then waited a further 15 minutes for the main course. My fish was OK but my wife's chicken was overcooked,dry, and hard. All the green veg was overcooked. Ordered dessert and coffee. The coffee came, we drank it but after 10 more minutes I had to go and ask for the dessert. This restaurant had been recommended but if our experience is typical I would not recommend eating there.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank DaveBooth
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful venue. They have rooms in the main building and glamping pods in the grounds.
We went for a Sunday evening meal.
We were welcomed in a friendly and polite manner and shown to our table.
The staff were so nice and created a lovely, relaxed ambience in the room.
A fairly small menu is boosted by the specials board, I love this as it keeps things fresh for a return visit!
I had the lemon sole from the board, absolutely lovely, cooked perfectly and served hot, nicely presented as well.
My wife had arancini special starter with a gorgeous beetroot mayonnaise, this was followed by the beef fillet also off the specials board!
I saw many of the dishes from the main menu being served, they all looked great, certainly didn't hear any complaints.
Excellent value for money, relaxed dining with excellent food and wonderful service.
Brilliant, highly recommended.