All reviews lovely conservatory huge room wine glasses one night delicious breakfast fabulous place thought of everything little extras comfortable room b and b second visit full english breakfast nothing is too much trouble feel very welcome phil slippers corkscrew
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The owners Lynn and Phil have thought of everything in this family run B and B. From toothbrushes and long handled show horns to corkscrews and wine glasses nothing is left to chance. The rooms were clean and tidy, rooms serviced and towels changed daily and the breakfast was a delight - even if you are gluten free Phil has thought of everything. They have a cheery demeanour and go that extra mile to make your stay special. My only complaint is that my room had a bath and I prefer to shower. The shower in my parents room was also not particularly powerful. It is about a mile to walk into towyn which has good access by rail along the coast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stayed here whilst walking the Welsh Coastal Path. Well maintained property, with lots of character. Service was good - owner gave us helpful advice regarding where to eat in the evening.
Breakfast was of a high quality, although I would have preferred more choice.
For those without a car, it's a little way out of Tywyn, so getting to Pubs and Restaurants is a bit of a walk!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This B&B is in a lovely house. However, the spacious bedrooms were chilly and draughty even in July; so they must be freezing in winter! The bedroom was beautifully decorated and furnished but the bed was SO hard - even with the duvet carefully folded to make several layers of mattress topper - that I couldn't sleep at all and ached all over the next day. The shower took ages to get hot and the "garden view" advertised must be the one from the bathroom window; as the view from the bedroom is mainly of the camping and caravan site next door!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 725JEF
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Our second visit to Leahurst, the first was following a recommendation from friends. Ample sheltered parking. Large, comfortable room with everything needed for a comfortable stay. As well as essentials there were fluffy robes & slippers,fridge,TV,iron & ironing board,mineral water,corkscrew,biscuits - the list goes on!, Phil & Lynn are so welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Good (free) wi-fi connection. Delicious breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Arrived early (9.15am) and parked my car under the car port, there is space for 3 cars under cover and ample secure parking on site.
Although I only expected to leave my car on site being too early to check in, I was offered my room. Wow.
This B&B is more at hotel standards, the large reception area was warm and inviting with grand piano.
Although I only booked a single room, I was given a lovely large on suite double room with side see views. The bathroom with a power shower was spotlessly clean. The double bed had pristine white linen and duvet cover. The room had bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities. There was even 2 white fluffy dressing gowns and slippers wrapped in cellophane. Large wardrobes with ironing board and iron. Flat screen colour TV on the wall with Welsh programmes, well nothing is perfect LOL.
My room was warm and so comfortable when I returned in the late evening after a lovely day in the fresh air.
Breatfast is served in the conservatory with wonderful views of the mountains. I had a full English breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, beans, fried bread and 4 rounds of toast, well Phill the friendly owner could see I have a large appetite. All washed down with 4 cups of tea. There was also cerial and yoghurt and fresh orange juice.
I can thoroughly recommend this peaceful hotel with traditional British values and real attention to detail.
It would also be an ideal stop over with accommodation for anyone touring Wales in valuable classic cars, who need secure covered overnight parking for convertible cars.

Room Tip: I had room 5, see my review.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo