2,732 results
All reviews library bar bertie's restaurant medieval banquet prince of wales suite peacocks wandering cream tea moat spa grounds are beautiful steeped in history roll top bath spa facilities birthday treat public rooms cooked breakfast relaxation room deluxe room evening meal
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The day was lovely and relaxing and the member of staff in the spa was so helpful and amazing at the treatments. The afternoon tea was lovely but we did feel like we were an inconvenience due to the fact we down to have it in the spa (there werent enough staff members to accomodate this). Also disappointed that despite being a spa there was no pool or hot tub. Overall lovely day but some disappointments hence the rating.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gavin L, Guest Relations Manager at Ruthin Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review following your visit to us at Ruthin Castle Hotel.

I was delighted to hear how much you had enjoyed The Moat Spa where we offer a range of treatments and relaxation areas. Thank you for also mentioning how much you had enjoyed the afternoon tea.

I was sorry to hear that your experience in the restaurant did not meet expectations. We always aim to offer the highest level of service throughout the hotel and comments such as this are taken seriously. We will look into your feedback and ensure our guests are being made to feel as welcome as possible.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for a future stay and should you wish to return please do not hesitate our reservation team for the most competitive rates at reservations@ruthincastle.co.uk or for any general enquiries you can contact me directly at gavin.lea@ruthincastle.co.uk

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Hubby surprised me with two nights here. On entering grounds there is a wow factor. Impressive views and peacocks everywhere . Grand entrance hall and the real feel of a castle.....but our room 203 oh so tired. Old and mouldy.
The bed was a small double. No iron or dryer.
Food in restaurant very poor sent it back. Maitre d made me feel very uncomfortable.
Breakfast poor. Dry bread for toasting .NO marmalade they had run out. No cucumber they had run out. No croissants. Met people who had paid far less. Manager offered a small refund but this didn’t reflect our huge disappointment

Room tip: Think twice or ask for an updated room. Eat in the town
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gavin L, Guest Relations Manager at Ruthin Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback following your stay with us at Ruthin Castle Hotel.

It was great to hear how much you had enjoyed the views and ground of the hotel, thank you for sharing these kind words.

I was disappointed to read that some aspects of your stay did not meet expectations. I would like to assure you that feedback such as this, with regards to service specifically, is taken very seriously. I have already discussed your comments with the relevant departments and we are taking steps to ensure that we are meeting the expectations of our guests.

There are many different ways to book a hotel stay and rates will vary depending on how and where guests have booked. I would always suggest contacting the hotel directly so that we can discuss the best rates available for a stay with us.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for a future stay and should you wish to return please do not hesitate our reservation team, as mentioned, for the most competitive rates at reservations@ruthincastle.co.uk or for any general enquiries you can contact me directly at gavin.lea@ruthincastle.co.uk

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

A truly wonderful hotel. Fascinating history, lots to see and so. Amazing food, impeccable service and stunning surroundings. ...the only draw back ? The peacocks are a very noisy wake up call lol.Worth every penny.

Dear Guest,

It was a delight to read this wonderful review of your stay with us at Ruthin Castle Hotel.

It was very rewarding to hear how much you had enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the food and service. We always aim to provide the highest standards throughout the hotel so thank you for sharing these kind words.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ruthin Castle at the beginning of June. My partner and I are very much into History especially 15/16th century and he booked this as a surprise for me, it was right up our street. The Castle grounds are beautiful and very tranquil and hold a lot of history which we took a lot of interest in. We enjoyed a great package which included a 3 course meal and breakfast. The food was to our expectations and very nice. There is a lot to do around the area of Ruthin castle if you are prepared to drive, before arriving at the castle we made visits to mount Snowdon, Cowy Castle and Caernarfon Castle which were all brilliant and history packed. Ruthin castle itself had its historic and old charm inside and the rooms were lovely and clean. Would recommend

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing such a kind review following your recent stay with us at Ruthin Castle Hotel.

It was wonderful to hear how much you had enjoyed the beautiful and historic grounds of the hotel. We are very lucky to be set in such a tranquil and historic area. I will be delighted to share your kind words with our gardening team.

Thank you for mentioning how much you had enjoyed your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast. Our chefs produce some delicious dishes using the freshest ingredients wherever possible so it is always rewarding to share feedback such as this.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for a future stay. Should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the most competitive rates and special offers at reservations@ruthincastle.co.uk

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night and was not impressed at all . The gardens a staff were excellent the hotel rooms we’re nothing special. The food was basic , there was no entertainment at all for a hotel of this size.i think that the hotel caters for weddings and tries to fit outside guests into the scene. I shall not be returning to this hotel and would advise others not to do so unless you are part of a wedding party.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that certain aspects of your stay did not meet expectations. We do, as you mentioned hold weddings on certain dates throughout the summer, as do the majority of hotels in the local area. We are lucky in that our restaurant is completely separate to the wedding area keeping our hotel guests away from the wedding events.I am disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to discuss this with you in person and show you some of the other areas within the hotel that we offer for guests to relax when a wedding or such an event is taking place as we do also offer alternative relaxation areas. we value all of our guests highly and providing a comfortable and happy stay is equally important for everyone staying with us.

This said, I am sorry to hear that this impacted your stay with us and we certainly value your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the services we offer for guests and without feedback we would be unable to do so.

I was delighted to hear that you had found the service standards to be so high. It was very rewarding to share these kind words with the team, thank you.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. Should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the most competitive rates and special offers at reservations@ruthincastle.co.uk

Ruthin Castle Hotel