“Massage”
Review of The Moat Spa

The Moat Spa
Ranked #7 of 20 things to do in Ruthin
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I have been saying at the castle for 3 days and finally got to it visiting the spa area. Was well met and taken care of. While waiting on my massage they had a fabulous room to relax in. Almost fell asleep. Then on to a fabulous deep back and neck massage. Very good massage and staff. Wished the massage could have been longer. So tip is to book your treatments in advance.

1  Thank Erika T

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

While staying at Ruthin castle I popped down to the spa for a 30minute treatment. The service was great down there. Really friendly and the spa looked quite relaxing and inviting.
The treatment itself was great and I left feeling really relaxed and ache free.

1  Thank fowlermrrichardf
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Experience we were left to put our on clay on ad sit n a cubicle were no steam came through. Tried to get attention in reception
Covered in clay no one around
Went into general steam room floors very slippery when wet
For £85 for 2 people would have expected some sort of massage all we got was a broken rassaul cabinet and a diy kit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My husband suprised me with a spa day here for my 30th birthday. When we arrived we immediately thought the place was quite run down and tatty but thought the spa may be different. We were wrong and in fact the spa was worse! On arrival that was no atmosphere what so ever we were the only ones there, no music, no staff...until they heard us then appeared. We were shown to the changing robes and told the robes were in the lockers. The robes were horrendous they were rough and frayed and felt like they had been washed about a million times. We put them on and went back out and were shown around, the place is run down and tatty. We used the shower ready to get into the sauna, when I looked up in the shower there was mound spores covering the roof. We then went into the sauna which didn’t work!! My husband continuously it water on but nothing it was hot but not one of us had a drop of sweat on us at all. Steam room was ok..it worked at least! We then went in for our treatment ‘mud rasoul’ we were told to apply the mud then wait for the steam which helps it to set. We did this only when the steam came it may as well have been non existent so the treatment didn’t work either and we sat their covered in the mud that hadn’t set so in the end just showered it off. Then to the relaxation room...basically a tatty living room with some sun lounger beds to lie on. We have been to many spas and this didn’t compare to any and it’s not like it’s cheaper!! We gave up and went up for our cream tea hoping this would be better...AWFUL!! Dirty food on top of our tea pot and milk jug, and the silver platter our food came on had dried food all over it also . We were sat by the window next to a red curtain completely covered in stains! Don’t waste your money!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I’d booked a spa day and treatment for my partner and I, to relax and unwind. The receptionist pointed us in the direction of the spa and that was the last we saw of anyone. Sat downstairs for over 20 mins and nobody turned up to attend to us. Despite us being told that the downstairs lunch was fully booked, we were the only ones there at the time. After 20 mins we walked back upstairs, back past the same receptionist, who didn’t even ask if all was ok. Which is just as well really, but it wasn’t her fault, if hasten to add. We left and had a stunning day at Rowton Hall instead. We fail to see how Ruthin Castle would come
anywhere the day we had there. The place looked and felt a bit run down, in need of an overhaul, and they did us a favour by ignoring us. I did try to phone to say forget it, but nobody answered the spa extension either, so good luck with that one.

1  Thank BigIan63