Review Highlights
Spa day deal with afternoon tea

Spa deal for two (travelzoo) was good value. We had the Rasul treatment after which my skin was... read more

Reviewed 1 September 2018
Vivskelhorne
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Friendly staff, lovely Spa day and afternoon tea.

My husband and I had a Travelzoo voucher for a spa day and afternoon tea. We were greeted at the... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
yvonneregan205
Bangor, United Kingdom

All reviews afternoon tea salt scrub under new management lovely relaxing day therapist facial castle skin andrea travelzoo
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Was lovely relaxing day. Would have been better if there was a pool but hey ho. Mud rub and salt scrub was amazing. Staff lovely

2  Thank geminigirl1
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Therapist and treatments were good but pedicure smudged over an hour later bit annoying as it was to late to go back and have it fixed however enjoyed experience

Ruthin_Castle, General Manager at The Moat Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your recent comments, we do not mislead our guests by advertising that we have such facilities. We also recommend allowing sufficient time for your nail polish to dry.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely worth it, just the chillout time in the salt copper bath was so romantic followed then by a couples massage, overall this is a very enjoyable experience

Ruthin_Castle, Manager at The Moat Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your positive comments following a recent stay. The salt bath is very popular and we always receive positive feedback about the treatments. We hope that you will have an opportunity to re-visit the Castle in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Just visited with friend for a express spa day, the staff are lovely the three young ladies we encountered were polite, the two treatments we had were lovely. Unfortunately the spa it's self is tired, neglected and has no atmosphere. The changing rooms and reception were so cold it was uncomfortable changing, the thermal room is like someone's old garage with a hot tub, although there is complimentary tea and coffee you have to make this yourself and boil the kettle!!! The relaxation room is very tatty, have visited many other spas in north wales which are priced the same and they are far superior to the moat, defiantly wouldn't return again.

5  Thank hollhurstevilles

Thank you for your comments. The Spa is quaint and tranquil, it houses a steam room, Sauna, Rasul and Relaxtation Suite. Generally, there isn't an 'atmosphere' as guests are enjoying the peace and tranquility. It has been extremely warm recently and we have used the air conditioning in the spa to maintain a comfortable temperature for all, apologies if you found this cold.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This visit was a gift 'Spa experience' The hotel is a grand historic visitor attraction in Ruthin and I hoped the spa would be a sympathetic but contemporary highlight of it. No. The spa changing rooms are small and cramped, the robes were tatty, pulled.Change your laundry. The thermal suite was adequate. But the facility for cold water was woeful. The relaxation area is quite cheap looking, the whole place needs a good clean. Snail trails on the carpet? The doors show every handprint. Please someone rescue the pot plant. I waited a while for my complementary prosecco, warm in a plastic flute? However the treatments courtesy of Pieta? were great. Her therapy room was clean, warm, welcoming and relaxing. Loved my massage. She was the ONLY reason for me marking 2. The lobby highlighting the products used looked like it been raided. Empty jars, dirty surfaces and a gaping hole in the wooden window surround, rain on the floor.
This experience was my first time at a Spa, it was supposed to be a birthday treat, everyone expected me to love it! Apart from the massage I was utterly disappointed. I'm gutted as I expected to feel totally pampered . I will not be returning.

3  Thank Gillwilk