“Great Pub, Great Staff, Great Food, Great Beer!”
Review of Red Lion Hotel

Red Lion Hotel
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: British, Pub
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I visit this pub on every trip to Clocaenog, it has a great atmosphere and the curries are the best in the world! highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Fantastic night ! Brilliant choice of Gin ! Well worth going would highly recommend the Gin and Whiskey night

1  Thank Coastal269073
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We have recently moved to the area and are delighted to have this brilliant place within striking distance. We have already taken a number of family and friends there and everyone absolutely loves the delicious home cooked curries (beautifully presented with nans,poppadums, rice) and comments on the friendly welcome we always receive. I'm not sure these curries could be beaten. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Bettybc123
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We travelled some thirty miles on the strength of reviews we had read. The landlord gave us a warm welcome and we installed ourselves in a nook of the pub that had three tables and a wood burner. There were other tables along towards the bar; the public bar had more tables and a pool table. The food is served from 18:00hrs and we were quick off the mark to place our order as we had waited some weeks before we were able to make the visit. We each ordered a starter, a kebab and a samosa. Both were amazing the samosa was absolutely the best I have ever tasted. I had to restrain myself from ordering half a dozen to take home! Then onto the main event of the pork curry served with rice and naan. I enjoyed the curry, but the rice elevated the meal, this is not the stuff that you are served in your local takeaway! The Guinness is a superior pint to some of the other Guinness I have been served, I was gutted I had taken on driving duties so could only partake of one pint. I would like to make a return visit very soon. If you like good food, good beer and a friendly atmosphere pay a visit.

2  Thank Theguinnesstoucan
Reviewed 16 December 2015

After a long day out walking on nearby hills, 9 of us arrived at Red Lion, cold and wet to a lovely warm welcome. There were 2 log fires and a great menu including a very comprehensive range of curries all home cooked on the premises, The food was well presented and served very efficiently. More traditional food was also on offer. Also good range of puddings! Main course were under £10 and puddings around £4. Pub is run by husband and wife team. Also had real ales

1  Thank johnnyfavorite