“Absolutely cracking lunch!”
Review of On the Hill

On the Hill
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Took advantage of having a friday off by visiting this great restaurant for lunch.
We know how popular it is but without a table booked we thought we would chance our arm and fortunatey for us they had just received a cancellation and we fitted right in.

We have eaten here before so know how good the food is but never for lunch. I had the Crispy beef starter (Amazing !) and my partner had the Seafood crepe which she loved - both of these starters were incredibly tasty and a good size.

We both had gone for the fish goujons for main and were very happy with our choice. Fish was beautifully chunky and very lightly battered.

We both thought that at £16.95 for a 2 course lunch for this quality of food was pretty good value, by the busy restaurant we were not alone in thinking this.

Would definitely recommend but maybe make sure you book to get in.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed 12 February 2018

In one word EXCELLENT. in ALL ways. A bit late in submitting review. We were there on 11 January for my daughters birthday. Best fillet steak I’ve ever eaten. Will go there for my birthday in July. Can’t wait

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Fantastic food, with great service and overall great value for money. Ate here twice in a week as we had to go back. The menu is varied and caters for a wide variety of tastes. The staff are very attentive and welcoming. The only hard thing was deciding what to order for each course - I could have returned every night for a week!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Visited at the end of January and once again, we had an excellent dining experience. The menu options are slightly limited but the chef is then able to focus on quality and that is achieved to the highest standard. I have eaten here many times and the whole dining experience each time has been excellent.

There was a slight hiccup with our second drinks, which I think the young server had "forgotten" as she was being kept extremely busy by a full restaurant, but a quick reminder soon addressed this.

The ambience is excellent. The internal layout is extremely well utilised to give people their own space to dine and talk without having to compete.

I will be back soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Visited with my parents and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals! I had the hake whilst my parents had the pie off the specials menu. Service was excellent and we will return!