“Always great food and great service!”
Review of Three Pigeons Inn

Three Pigeons Inn
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Ruthin
Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2018

We had a perfect roast beef here with proper gravy. The Cajun chicken is also super great and I can safely say that everything I've eaten here I would have again, so we have never had a bad meal here. The service is great, with a good selection of beers and the hosts and pub is very welcoming.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch after playing in the snow and were really impressed. Great service, food was tasty and arrived relatively quickly. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I called in here today for a Sunday roast. The welcome and service was great, despite the place being busy.

I went for the pate starter and the roast beef.

Both courses were lovely. I enjoyed the food very much.

I will definitely return when next in the area.

Thanks for a great experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stopped off here for lunch on our way for a New Year Break, greeted by friendly bar staff who advised us of a wait for lunch as they had just had a large party arrived, we were surprised when the wait was only 10 mins to be seated and menus delivered, good selection of home cooked food served hot and with a smile.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

After a 4 hour walk in the rain, we arrived to find the pub almost empty which was good as we were glad to get out of the cold and order some food. After ordering food and drinks (£130+) we asked if the wood burning stove next to where we were sitting could be put on as many of the group were cold and wet. The barman agreed. However after 20 mins he had not returned, so one of the group reminded him, only to be told that he wasn’t going to put the fire on as they were closing in an hour and half so they wouldn’t get the benefit, and the £1-2 in fuel, was “money that could be saved”.
The food and drink were good, the the thing that sticks in the memory was the miserly attitude and poor hospitality of the welcome we received.

2  Thank Matthew S
DE W, Owner at Three Pigeons Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Mathew,
I must apologise for the fire not being lit for you. Debbie and I had taken this Wednesday as our first day off after the festive season. Our barman is new to the inn and he should have lit the fire for you all upon your first request.
Once again our sincere apologies as this is not our normal standard of service.

Paul