“Average service, average food ”
Review of Trecastell Hotel

Trecastell Hotel
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Amlwch
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the area for a week and ate out twice, one of which was at Trecastell Hotel. They were missing a number of dishes ( and were not advised when we were sat at the table). Staff were blunt and unfriendly / unprofessional. Food was ok but definitely but left feeling pretty unimpressed !

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We came here as a friend family of 7. The food was ok. Noting to fault but was expecting more. I wouldn't rush to go back but of in the area and i needed to eat I would possibly return. The views were lovely but for the price the food was average. The staff were friendly and contentive

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Good food with varied menu. All served with a smile and helpfulness.Very good gin menu! March is obviously not mussels season.No problem,we'll just have to back again!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We were staying at Leafy Lane guest house and the owner suggested we try here. I don't normally try and eat at hotels because I generally find they are more concentrated on rooms than food. Not so here. Every course was beautifully presented, delicious and wanting more! Vegetarian options were good for my partner and I chose the fillet steak on the specials. Cooked to perfection. Home made chips were good. Choice of wine was extensive. Waiting staff were young but did a good job. A coffee and G&T sealed the night and the bill was reasonable. Do try if in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I was so looking forward to dining here.The menu sounded really nice.
I asked for a dish and it was not available, the menu is not vast, so I was rather disappointed.
We had Haddock and the Scampi dish, which were fine, frozen and deep fried, nothing exciting...

The hotel has a lovely view, but, it was rather empty in the winter season.. Staff were fine.

I do wish the photograph of the jumping dolphin was looked at again, it must have been the size of Moby Dick..

Overall, average..