All reviews gin bar the hotel manager roaring fire beautiful hotel deluxe room lovely grounds huge bed for sunday lunch dining room staff were attentive north wales on arrival evening meal pudding lamb wine list highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I enjoyed my stay here on a business trip with a work colleague however I was double charged by the hotel. I had already paid through Booking.com prior to checking in at the hotel but the hotel charged me again upon checking out. A couple of days later when I discovered this was the case, I contacted the hotel and they were really unhelpful in trying to resolve the situation even though they had already been paid twice. They refused to cooperate and told me to refer to Booking.com. I must say Booking.com were extremely helpful however they also found the hotel to be difficult to deal with. So this is my warning to you to make sure you end up paying twice as they won't do much to try and help resolve it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Mary H, Manager at Bron Eifion Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

This guest was not double charged by the Hotel.
He was charged by booking.com directly (which we were not aware of) and by the hotel on departure.
This was explained to the guest when he queried it with myself two days after departure. I explained that as we had not taken any payment from booking.com, the refund would have to be issued from them directly.
As for the comment of booking.com finding us difficult to deal with, we received one email from them querying the payment which I answered promptly and another to say it had been resolved!!
M Welsh
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Attended our friends wedding venue and hospitality superb would highly recommend. Attention. To detail, food and service were superb. A venue that is very beautiful in every way. Having the facility of having the ceremony inside or outside depending on the weather makes this even more appealing. Well done

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

We are so happy you enjoyed your friend`s special day at our Venue.
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Marie & Team

Reviewed 17 August 2018

First visited late last year looking for a venue for a group visit. On walking in, the ambiance and architecture was just breath taking with a roaring great fire. We stayed two nights and were so taken with the hotel we eventually booked for 7 couples for a mid week break in August this year. I can only praise both Mary and Marie for their friendliness and efficiency in pulling the whole event together for us. The floor staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much of a trouble for them - stars each one of them. Nothing was trouble for them.

Room Tip: All other rooms are upper floor but all of my party were happy with the quality of their room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eric G
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

How pleased we were to attend a beautiful wedding reception at Bron Eifion. Everything was beautiful. Especially useful was the basket of ladies goodies in the ladies. At a wedding someone will always need safety pins, hair spray and other bits and pieces. Thanks for a great day.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We used to stay here quite a lot but over the last few years it has been fully booked when we've tried to make a reservation. To our pleasure we got in this time!

The location is still fantastic, the grounds are stunning. The rooms are sumptuous and the welcome warm. The food is excellent.

Only one thing came close to spoiling our stay, the couple at the table across the restaurant who loudly criticised everything and everyone in sight. You know the sort, the kind for whom the sky is too blue and the sea too wet. The young waiter and Marie the manager coped splendidly although the temptation to fight back must have been overwhelming. In the end I just had to laugh!

I hope we will be back (although without Mr & Mrs Grumpy!).

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple