“Perfect fish and chips”
Review of Jaap's Catch

Jaap's Catch
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Description: Traditional Fish and Chip Shop Takeaway and Café We're Passionate about Quality Fish and Chips We only sell Fresh Fish cooked in Our Amazing Crispy Beer Batter!
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Jaap's catch in the West End of Colwyn Bay offers the best fish and chips in the area.
I called by midweek and the place is beautifully clean, bright and modern with a maritime throughout. The cafe area is well organised and inviting enough to warrant a return - especially as they have well priced wines on offer too.
On this occasion our takeaway fish and chips were absolutely fantastic. Lovely grease free chips and a delicious crispy batter on the haddock. They wrapped our order beautifully too.
Whilst waiting the owner gave me a taster of some chips - what great service and customer care.
If you are lucky you can park right outside just off the main road or failing that you can usually park around the corner on Kings road or across the main road near Lidl.
Jaap's Catch is a thoroughly modern fish and chips shop that in my opinion fully delivers on taste, presenation and customer service.
We will be back to try out the cafe.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed delicious fish supper with my son. Nice fish with crispy batter, cooker to order. Will return again. Premises very clean. Staff friendly.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Best fish and chip resterant my husband and I have been to. The food was delicious, the service was very good. I also loved the seaside decore. We were in North Wales for 4 nights and we went there twice! Will go again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, a real treat for your pallet. The best fish and chips in north wales. Oversized fish and a field of potato's all in a wonderful box.staff very well presented and helpful. Would like to see other local establishment so the high standards as this one.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Bought some chips and curry sauce, when I got them home, they were a solid soggy mass. Not crunchy in any way. Had waste time un glueing them and cooking them properly in the oven!
Nice curry sauce though..

1  Thank Sestrel