“Mother's 80th birthday party!!”
Review of White Lion Inn

White Lion Inn
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Price range: USD 9 - USD 25
Cuisines: British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Lion is possibly the oldest country Pub and Restaurant in North Wales with parts of the building reputed to date back over 1200 years. We offer a wide selection of food from sandwiches to beautiful home cooked food, fine wines, and cask conditioned real ales, all served up in a friendly relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We booked a table for my mum's 80th birthday on the 3rd Aug 2018 and the table was for 16 people. We would like to thank the White Lion for hosting a wonderful party for my mum and all her guests. All the food was great and the atmosphere was warm and friendly!! To say my mum was surprised, is an understatement and again thanks to the White Lion for their discretion and subtleness in the matter!! All the best to you all and hope to see you again soon. Best regards. Tony, Elana and Nathan Williams.❤

1  Thank Anthony W

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Thought I would treat ourselves to a nice Sunday Roast,Had read reviews and all looked good.Ordered two Roast beef dinners ,waited about half an hour for them to be served ,accepted the fact the pub was very busy.Could not eat the beef as it was so dry and hard , obviously been kept under warming lights for ages, when I complained I wasn't offer fresh beef but more gravy .Very disappointed.Will not return

1  Thank billbyrne47
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Went for a meal here on Sunday. 2 Adults 2 Children. All had roast dinners, kids portions were huge as were the adults. Really enjoyed the food staff were great, service great.

Really warm and welcoming pub.

Would recommend

1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I was going up for some food whilst on a walk with my mates, and we saw the establishment whilst walking up the back lanes and decided we will go for food, as soon as we walked in we didn’t feel very welcomed we were just shown a table and the menus and that was it, for a village pub/restaurant I thought they would be more welcoming. I ordered fish and chips and my friends both ordered Somerset chicken, and frankly I was disappointed the batter wasn’t really batter it just all fell off and the fish could’ve been nicer, my friends’ Somerset chickens were okay one of them believe that the chicken was over cooked and the other thought his was okay, before ordering out food we didn’t get offered drinks from our table for a good 5-6 minutes of sitting there waiting, and then after receiving our drinks we were waiting a long time to order our mains too, no one offered us sauces for our foods so I had to ask myself a few minutes later, I would go back again just to see if there is improvement but if there isn’t any after the next visit I probably wouldn’t return.

3  Thank FoodConnoisseur8-D
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We are ex-North Walians and we’re over from Canada visiting friends and rels; this pub was highly recommended by a local friend. Wow, it did not disappoint! Welcomed by Simon the owner and his lovely wife Nina, we sat by the bar absorbing the cozy atmosphere over drinks, great real ales available.
Dinner was superb, great pate, mussels in a tasty sauce with garlic bread to die for - chunks of chopped garlic on scrumptious bread (see pic). Excellent Summerset chicken and a very tasty spicy sea bream stew.
We even witnessed Simon’s soon-to-be- famous trumpet version of happy birthday for some other diners.
We will definitely be back next time over, and yes, it is highly recommended!

1  Thank FoodieAffairs