“HIGHLY RECCOMENDED, HOME COOKED, GOOD VALUE, FANTASTIC SERVICE, WARM & WELCOMING!”
Review of The Raven Inn

The Raven Inn
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Ammanford
Price range: USD 9 - USD 19
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My husband, Son and i came for a meal on Tuesday 18th September at around 7-8pm.

From the first moment of arriving through the door, there was a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
The renovations and colour scheme are beautiful, plentiful seating, well stocked bar, polite, helpful staff and warm ,cosey bar/resturant feel.

THE FOOD IS NOT TO DISSAPOINT!

We had a total of 3 starters - bellly or pork, tro of cheese & pate

Three main course - Butternut squash and Goat cheese Lasagna, with chips and chunks of oozing garlic bread.
Hubby had - Mannhatten Chicken with BBQ pulled pork and cheese sauce, onion rings and chips
Son had the Farmhouse Burger - Lamb burger, Butterflyed chicken, Home made beef bufger, cheese burger and bacon, in a brioche bun
served with chips & colslaw.

My husband and I had desserts - White Chocolate and Rasberry Roulard & Toffey Apple Crumble and Custard.

2 pints of Bitter
Gin and Tonic ( Their range of Gin is fantastic & served in a Gin glass!)
Irish coffee to finish.

Total was Eighty Three Pounds.
I am sorry but for Home cooked, NOT frozen, food, The Raven is outstanding value for money 5 *****

How we walked out I dont know but its now 6am, and im still stuffed!
Big meals, PLENTY of choice on the menu inc Gluten Free.
Friendly & Helpful staff.

Will definatly be coming back!
Melanie, Paul and Connor - From Llandybie

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Called in The Raven on a Saturday night on the off chance that there was a table for two. A quick meal for me and my wife - a rare child free night.

Martin found us a table and we sat. We were advised to order pretty quickly as there was a large party about to arrive. We did.

Two Stake and Ale Pies were ordered and delivered really quickly. Both with chips, peas and some side salad.

After our food we ordered two Sticky Toffee Pudding with Custard.

Once again - no complaints about the food. The pie was delicious and the chips were out of this world. Not your usual oven chips. The desert was belly warming and homely.

I’ve yet to have a bad meal at The Raven and recommend anybody passing calls in to try it.

Drinks were 2 pints of Heineken and a Diet Coke. Bill came to around £38.

Top notch. Well done.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The food here was fab a few years ago but has (in my opinion) gone down hill. I've tried a few things off the new menu and wasn't impressed.

There's not anything wrong with the food as such, but I found it very lacking in flavour and the menu didn't inspire me.
I'm not the easiest pub customer as I cook a lot myself and know exactly how I like my food.

I also think that the refurb is a huge shame. Much like The Mount up the road, the decor now feels like a strange late 2000s living room rather than either a pub or a contemporary restaurant. It seems to be the current trend to refurb pubs with a Mickey mouse modernising theme and I don't feel that it's hit the mark. The old decor might have been dated but it felt like a cosy pub and the lighting and surround fit the nature of an old mining valley pub well.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. I would go again and try something else on the menu, but would need to be wowed.

This is only my personal opinion of the food and flavours- that's why I've put a 3 as for me it was pretty average and I wouldn't choose to return unless the rest of the party wanted to go there specifically. However, it's not somewhere that I'd say "don't go there". It's just not for me.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We are very very lucky to just live minutes away from this beautiful pub as it’s food is delicious!!! The manager and team are superb and make you feel very welcome as soon as you walk in. I very highly recommend it and you won’t be sorry xx

1  Thank Caryl J
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Think the pub has lovely staff. Food is good as well, but coming from a place near tenby I find it’s a tad expensive here, compared to what I am used to I visit my family in this area regularly and as a publican must admit location and situation this pub is in ther are no immediate competitors as such so on the whole acceptable

Date of visit: May 2018