“Fantastic dog friendly pub”

Monachty Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Monachty is a traditional seaside pub and hotel, situated in the beautiful town of Aberaeron in Ceredigion. The Monachty features a brasserie restaurant with an extensive fresh menu, spacious beer garden and stunning views of the harbour.
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Nice place to get out of the weather thats dog friendly. Reasonable price and decent menu. Ideal if your passing.

TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you very much for such great review! we work very hard to serve the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Went into Aberaeron in search for a friendly pub and definitely found that here! Staff were very friendly and chatty, introduced themselves, involved us into conversation with locals! Had never been before but I will most definitely be returning and recommend this pub to anyone looking for a very friendly atmosphere! Place was also lovely and clean with fab ales and lagers!

TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you very much for such great review! we work really hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Boss pub right next to harbour
And dog friendly
Food was good beer good
Reasonably priced
Friendly staff
Down side busy in summer hard to find a table but that's cause it's a good pub

TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I booked an evening Christmas meal for myself and 5 friends whilst we were staying in the town for a weekend break. I’ve had lunch at this pub on previous visits and the food has been good. I booked and paid in full for this Christmas meal in advance, as per the Brains breweries policy. The fist course of the meal and the dessert was lovely. It was the main meal that was dreadful. Tough meat, cold plates and the vegetables were cold, over cooked and slimy! I was so embarrassed! We were the only people in the restaurant area that was very cold (snowing outside) and no manager available to talk to. One member of staff in the bar to serve a bar full of customers. Very poor.

1  Thank doreene319
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent visit to the Monachty, it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience, whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity, this level of service is not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned part.
we will be in touch to discuss further with you, please accept my apology, and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Not one to write a trip advisor however Me and my husband came here last month ( November ) we first came in during the day for a coffee and was welcomed by Kat who was really welcoming and helped us with information about the area. We asked if it was possible to come back in the evening which was fine. James who was on in the evening was a lovely gentleman very helpful. My reason for the trip advisor is because as the night went on a rather large group of people came in and were rather loud again this is fine it was a Saturday night however when A fight broke out I didn't think it was rather professional on the manager to get involved the way he did it made us feel rather uncomfortable.

TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to advise of your recent visit at the Monachty, it is only through feedback such as your that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

The matter will be investigated as the Manager was on annual leave.

Regards