All reviewsfamily roombeer gardenroom was cleantwin roomate herefree car parkan evening mealcentre of townharbour viewlovely viewone night stayshort breakfriendly welcomea lovely staybiscuitslittle gembreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Ordered the carvery - roast beef. It arrived and I managed to cut the meat but my partner failed. Mentioned it to a member of staff who apologised and offered us a free drink. Another table sent the beef meal back and one of the customers had his money back. You expect a carvery to have edible meat but this was nothing but tough. I feel the management need to sort this out with their supplier more than having to apologise to their customers. Have eaten there many times before but this is the 1st for a carvery and sorry the last. I will order from their menu from now on.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Stayed at hotel for one night in November ,the staff were very friendly ,room was clean tea,coffee in the room.Lovely hot shower ,room was warm on a very cold night .Great breakfast lots of choice .Fab view from room over harbour was perfect.The parking might be a problem , there is a free car park along side hotel ,might be busy at times.We did not have a problem. I think if you arrive early or after 5pm you should be ok, There is more parking a short walk.Would I stay at hotel again 100% yes.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms .
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you very much for such great review! we work really hard to offer the best service in the best possible environment, so I am glad to see that reflected on your last visit.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Only called in of the of chance they served food at 4pm as most of the other eateries around stopped at 3pm! What a find, amazing food, services and reasonably priced, what definitely return if in the area again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spilllane
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you very much for such great review! we work really hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Booked following a phone call with Manager Kat. Excellent service given over the phone with the original booking very keen to accommodate our needs as we have a dog. On looking at reviews not sure what to expect but always like to make our own judgement. Room was warm and inviting and exceptionally clean with Coffee/tea making facilities. Lovely nights sleep . Breakfast was in bar in front window overlooking Main Street setting was lovely, however breakfast was not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel. We will return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

thank you so much for such great review! we work really hard to offer the best food in the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflected on your last visit. I made sure that Cat got the recognition she deserved. she was really happy to see your review.

Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is the third........and last time our party had stayed at the Monachty. We new it was a basic hotel when we booked it but the staff have generally good so we new what to expect. What we didn't expect was such poor service. in the past we had always paid a little extra so the chef could come in a little earlier to sort breakfast as we needed an early start. ''Absolutely not'' was the response on this occasion. She took payment and went to the rooms which were incredibly dated and uninspiring.

The next morning after leaving the hotel I was asked to go back in because I hadn't paid for my room, I was told i needed to produce a receipt. I was very annoyed by this and pointed out how unprofessional he was.

Poor service, poor rooms and an unprofessional duty manager about sums this stay up.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
TheMonachtyHotel, Manager at Monachty, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at The Monachty, it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I was disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us, whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity, and the matter will be addressed with the concerned party.

Please accept my apology, and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again.

Regards