“Not at all what the mgr led us to believe”

Red Roof Inn Memphis East
Ranked #60 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had foundation work planned for our house, requiring that we move into a motel for 2 nights with our cats. I made several calls to the Inn to set things up, even renting 2 rooms to assure us plenty of room. I requested 2 connecting rooms on the ground floor and understood after talking to Dallas that this was definitely available for the nights in question.

Since my husband and I are older, this arrangement would have made moving the cats and ourselves much easier. Instead, we got to the motel and wound up with adjoining rooms on the second floor instead of connecting rooms and were forced to have to climb stairs several times to get our pets and possessions into the rooms. It was a frustrating experience since I was still recovering from foot surgery; and due to the situation with our pets, we were left with no choice as to an alternative place to stay.

Not at all happy with the experience especially since we had rented 2 rooms with the expectation of being comfortable and able to spend time together rather than in separate rooms. I don't anticipate ever having to go through this again but will make better arrangements elsewhere should the need arise!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We came to Memphis for the Southern Heritage Classic and I tell you this is THE WORST room that I have ever been in!!! I called on my way down here to see when I could check in and the agent advised me that my room was ready...from the looks of this room AND the smell...it was not ready...
I tried to get another room somewhere else and there was none available so this trip to Memphis has been my WORST EVER!!!
This is not a room that can even pass codes! Where is the smoke detector????

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Let just say I travel a lot and stay at many different hotels. With that being said, I have never stayed anywhere where I was given the Best Service I have ever had in all my yrs of traveling until I stopped at this Red Roof. Even my Husband was impressed,which is saying a lot..lol I believe it was the owner who checked us in his name was Dallas. It was raining very hard and he came out with an umbrella and brought us both in, he got drenched trying to keep us dry. We have never had anyone do that before. He really made us feel at home and was very witty after being on the road for so many hrs we needed some laughs. The room was very clean, bed was very comfortable and Dallas made us feel at home

Room Tip: Just ask and you will recieve
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katelyn1415x
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn during our road trip up North. A plus for us was there is no pet fee charge, and we were traveling with two cats, & 1 dog. It was clean, and staff were friendly. Does the job for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the stairs, very noisy when people are pulling their suitcases up.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jessnixon07
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I stayed at 3 Red Roofs during the course of this trip and all have been clean and great without issue. Memphis East was just as clean and the staff were polite, the only two things that I noted in need of improvement was; broken glass bottles in the parking spaces directly in front of the main office, and there was not breakfast at this location. Both the night clerk and the morning clerk Dallas were very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family