Crowne Plaza Memphis East
USD 135
USD 124
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 143/night.

USD 152
USD 160
ComfortInn
USD 249
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 281/night.

USD 198
USD 179
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
USD 179
USD 133
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 172/night.

USD 93
USD 91
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 115/night.

USD 144
USD 122
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 147/night.

All reviewsfree breakfastclose to the airportbusiness tripflat screenoatmealfront desk clerkbeale stmahoganydowntownupgradesshuttlegraceland
Reviewed 25 July 2015

We stayed at this hotel for a youth soccer tournament in March 2015. First of all, the hotel is in a very rough looking neighborhood. I was scared once we got off the highway and pulled into the parking lot. The hotel looked OK from the outside. The lobby was nice enough so I told myself I was over-reacting to the location and to just give it a chance. The front desk girls were nice enough. Then we got off the elevator...
Words can't describe the feelings I had upon exiting the elevator. The walls were all dark red and totally reminded me of the movie The Shining. And then the smell hit me. GROSS.
We walked into our room. From first glance it looked okay until I went in the bathroom and saw little black hairs stuck to something sticky on the floor by the tub. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. At this point I was ready to check out and find a different hotel only I knew we had to stay there due to the whole soccer team being booked in that hotel.
Then, to my absolute horror, noticed the upholstered red chair right next to the bed had a huge dried "wet" stain on it. I don't even want to imagine what the source of that stain was. *shudder* I will post a picture just to prove how absolutely nasty this was.
I told my husband we had to leave this place at once as I couldn't even fathom touching anything in the room but he convinced me to stay to not embarrass our daughter.
We immediately went to Target in a nicer area of Memphis and bought flip flops so we could have a barrier in between the shower tub and our feet as well as a flat sheet to throw over the stained chair. If they sold a plastic bubble to surround my body to protect myself I would have bought it. I saw some really nice hotels in that area and cried knowing I had to go back to the Crown Plaza for two nights.
Fortunately we spent most of our time on the fields and outside of the hotel. On the second night we were there someone (apparently kids) pulled the fire alarm and the entire hotel had to be evacuated. We were in a dead sleep and woke up to the scary alarm directing us to evacuate down 9 flights of stairs. My daughter was freaking out. We had no idea if it was a prank, a drill or the real thing. People in the stairwells weren't sure either. By the time we made it outside, the fire dept was there and gave the all-clear. We trekked back up 9 flights of stairs and went back to bed only to have the alarm go off...AGAIN...with instructions to evacuate via the stairwell. By this time I wanted to cry and get in my car and drive straight back home. Immediately a hotel employee got on the intercom system and blamed some kids for pulling the alarm again and told everyone not to evacuate. This was so traumatic to my kids and I just did not appreciate how it was handled at all.
Also, the free breakfast buffet was absolutely the worst food I've ever eaten. Actually, I didn't even eat it after one bite because it was so gross. The kids even said it was terrible. The food line traffic cop lady was so rude and obnoxious. I have had better food in a hospital and I would guess prisoners eat better food than this place served its guests. No wonder it was free.
I can say with absolute certainty that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER stay at this hotel again. It makes me question the quality of all IHG hotels. Clearly the other reviews state the same thing. TRUST ME. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I've stayed at roach motels that were cleaner than this place.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a "good room"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Ryan R, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Ilovethebeach320,

Thanks for staying and for your feedback, since all reviews and constructive criticism is appreciated. I am sorry about your experience back in March. I am saddened to read about your experience with everything from the fire alarm(s) to your breakfast experience. I know our management, guest centric focus, and product have all improved since then so I would encourage readers of this and yourself to give us another try. We apologize for the inconveniences suffered and know that now, 140 days post your last experience, we'll do a better job next time around.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

july 16 2015 staff was great, BUT ,we were on the 8th floor and our room smelled like an old funeral palor. I was really surprised that this hotel has the "CROWN PLAZA" name on it. the hall and room doors need WORK...

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Ryan R, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

sistad65,

Thanks for staying and for commenting on the great team we have the our hotel. My apologies for the age/ condition of the hotel. The facilities are getting a major overhaul in the form of a renovation coming this fall. Post renovation our facilities will be immaculate and will serve as the model for Crowne Plaza's 2015 and forward. Again, sorry we failed to meet your expectations with our facility and thanks again for staying.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

I was very disappointed with the condition of this Crown Plaza July 11-13 , 2015. The entire hallway on the 6th floor as well as the reserved room smelled like mildew. I heard other complaints from others. The couch in my room didn't have any linen. Called front desk who were suppose to bring up but never did after an hour. Had to go to front desk myself. There was trash and dirty dishes on the dirty floor area of the service elevator open to view. The hallway in front of the lobby elevators and floor of elevators were continually wet and slippery from kids returning from the swimming pool. Noticed trash in the landscaping while parking my car. This hotel was a different brand a couple years ago and only returned because I expected better quality and experience under the Crown Plaza brand.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Ryan R, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Kelvin,

I am sorry about the experience you had while staying this past weekend. I was away and heard that the group presence disrupted the overall guest experience. I am hoping that the condition you described of trash in different areas is related to the groups, however, I am printing your review to discuss with our management teams, especially Housekeeping. As far as the smell of mildew, we did have a tub leaking and worked to correct it asap. We have repaired the leak, extracted the carpet; and are now in the process of peeling back carpet and airing it out. For the inconveniences suffered, will you please call me at the hotel so I can speak with you further to regain your confidence in our brand and hopefully on your next visit to Memphis, we'll do a better job for you.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

My husband surprised me with this trip. We were married in Gatlinburg & he knows how much I love Tennessee. So I had no part in picking out the hotel. Good thing because I would have not picked this one after reading the reviews. I'll be honest I was worried the whole while we drove for five hours. It didn't help that when we arrived one of the girls was chatting with someone and the other on the phone. No one bothered to acknowledge us. Five minutes later and after the girl noticed my husband getting upset, the girl on the phone said something. She apologized & was very helpful. On a personal note... Check in is very important to me. I've been on the road & already tired. So the first few minutes in the hotel has a big impact. But the girls friendly attitude made up for our first few minutes. Our room was so clean & smelled really good. We met house keeping along our way to the room who was very nice. As far as the location to security, look around. At least this hotel has security & the tall fence. I was once a police officer & my husband is. I didn't see anything alarming. Go to my home town in New Orleans and you have plenty to worry about. Since Mike is a smoker, he walked around a lot & he said he didn't see anything. Now my bed... Oh wow!!!!! I slept so good. Pillows are like a spa. The best sleep. Now you can't beat the breakfast. We travel a lot & trust me.... This is one of the BEST. The staff is number one. So friendly. Nice to see a nice face & friendly person early in the morning. We were greeted with "good morning " and someone was quick to pick up my plate. This is what guarantee that we will come back here to stay. We are planning a trip for Memphis big flea market. We had been talking about staying in the city near Beale street. But during our yummy breakfast, why screw up a good thing. I got a good night sleep. Ate a good breakfast & was treated nicely by good people. We're coming back.

Stayed: July 2015
Ryan R, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Patricia P,

Thank your husband for choosing us; and thank you so much for your very kind words. I am sorry to read about your first impression with the wait at check in but glad to hear our team's personality made up for it. I appreciate your attention to details with your assessment of our property and love the mention of security since our property mostly gets a bad rap because of the perception in location. We do hope to see you and your hubby again soon! And, I would love to meet you all on your next visit so please introduce yourselves if you find the time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

The service was really good, but the place was understaffed. It is not in a great part of town. The pictures make it seem nicer than it is. It's not disgusting, but there is paint peeling in our room, in the pool and hot tub, the hot tub smells like urine, the whole place smells like a cross between my grandma's attic and stale Chinese food. I'm not sure what the smell is, but the whole family noticed it. The rooms are so small that the four of us can't really set down our suitcases and still have a clear path to the bathroom. I'll give it a 2 because the staff is great, but I'd look elsewhere if I had it to do again.

Stayed: July 2015

J H,

Thanks for the kind words regarding our team, but I am saddened to read that the age of our property dampened your opinion and likeliness to return. We are undergoing a full renovation in the fall. I hope that once its complete, your family and you would consider giving us another try. With new facilities and our same great team, I'm sure we'll exceed your expectations in the future. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide feedback on the property and team.

Best,