See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Everything was okay but the Motel is located nearby a highway in a industrial area.
It's okay for one or two nights. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Some of the rooms need a renovation. But allover, it was okay...

Room Tip: Grab a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Firstly, this place is a good value at $59. The room was decent size, reasonably well appointed, but could have been cleaner overall, but I found no "gross outs" or stained or dirty linens as have been mentioned in other reviews. The pool was a green dirty mess, but considering it was early April, perhaps it has just not yet been readied for the season, as the gate was locked. (if so, maybe put a cover over it or drain it).
Aside from the pool, nothing was terrible, but nothing was great either. I definitely got an "it's good enough" impression of the management's attitude. In the mid/late morning, the coffee dispenser in the lobby was empty, and the attendant didn't act as though he was at all interested in making more, and I am guessing he would not have, had I not lingered, though overall the staff was friendly enough. The breakfast wasn't much to speak of.
The free Wi-Fi worked reasonably well, but was a tad slow in room 118, which isn't really very far from the lobby.
Unfortunately, the restaurant is permanently closed (empty) which is too bad, as this area is sadly lacking in dining options, aside from a few fast food places.
I don't know what's going on in the Lamar Ave / Shelby Rd area, but it appears that much of the commercial services are moving out, leaving this rather industrial area looking a bit blighted, though I did not feel at all unsafe. I found this also to be true of E. Shelby Road unless you go several miles east, which is not nearly as industrialized. If you want something other than Subway, Church's, or Arby's, and the like, I strongly recommend that instead of going north, east or west, you go 6-8 miles southwest to the Goodman Road area of Southaven, MS., as there is a reasonably large assortment of good chain and non-chain restaurant options there. Visit Southhaven, MS. on Tripadvisor.com for good recommendations.

If this place justifiably ranks in the top 5th of all hotels in the Memphis area, there must be something pretty wrong in the Memphis hospitality industry, but again, overall it does present, for now at least, a good value for the money.

Room Tip: For food options, don't bother going north, east, or west. Go southwest 6 to 8 miles (take 78 or Pleasant Hill Rd, just one road west of 78) south to the Goodman Road area of Southaven, MS. There are numerous good chain and non-chain dining options there, and the area seems to be much nicer than the area in which this motel is located.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank BusterB8
Reviewed 30 December 2014

Dirty pillow cases, dirty & stained bedspread, stained & hair filled towels, filthy carpet. Old food & drink for 'breakfast' so old that my daughter threw up immediately after drinking the month old juice. The trains and extremely loud highway plus the smokey 'non-smoking' room was a a big issue as well. I asked if the manager could call me, Never did and was not available when I called after checking out.

• Stayed: December 2014
7  Thank 1234567z
Reviewed 1 December 2014 via mobile

A pleasant stay in a comfortable room. Very basic breakfast available. The hotel is over 10 miles from downtown Memphis so quite a bit of driving is required. No restaurants nearby. This hotel is good for the price but if I stayed in Memphis again I would probably go for a different location.

• Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank Sumbalumba
Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is a poor excuse for a motel. I had in fact booked 4 nights but stayed just 1. The room was like the motel tired. No cups, working tv remote, black mark on the sheets, green pool. When I woke up the next morning for breakfast the lobby was locked after trying the phone and banging on the door for 45 mins I called the police as I feared the desk clerk had had an attack. They arrived and tried to get in and after 40 mins a cleaner appeared. She rang a mobile and discovered the duty clerk was asleep. When he finally opened up there was nothing ready for breakfast for guests. Thankfully I was offered a full refund. But as we left I noticed only 4 cars parked. Maybe everyone else knew what I had to discover. The management here needs to get its act together and sort out this mess of a motel.
Until then DO NOT bother staying here!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple